3,013 results
All reviews railway line train noise zoo station s bahn zoologischer garten bathroom door complimentary breakfast tegel airport free wifi minute walk light sleeper hotel is located sofa bed public transportation shopping street yogurt cold meats
Reviewed 20 June 2018

As a Honors gold member I frequent many Hilton hotels and the occasional Doubletree but this was my first stay at a Hampton, which I chose largely based on location in the old western heart of the city and steps from Uhrlandstrasse metro and Ku’damn itself.

The room and decor was stylish, well maintained and the overall hotel seemed fairly new, and to cater for businessmen and leisure guests, although it was hard for me to distinguish the Hampton brand from Doubletree (minus warm cookie).

There is a small restaurant at the property and they sell some snacks, alternatively you can walk back to Ku’damn which takes about 5 minutes, and the 109 to TXL airport leaves from there on the same side of the road that you walk up from. This is a easy option and cheap (around a couple of Euros).

I enjoyed my stay and with reasonable room rate, fantastic location in West Berlin, I liked this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2018

When planning a business trip to Berlin, I was looking for an reasonably priced hotel near to the Tiergarten with good connections to Tegal Airport.
I found it in the Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West.

Firstly, it is close to the bus stop for the 109 Bus from Tegal Airport and so travel cost 2.80 Euro. A great tip is to download the BVG app and pay for your ticket rather than use the ticket machines as they can have large queues at busy times at the airport. The hotel is a short walk (5 minutes) from the bus stop at U Uhlandstrasse.

The Reception booked us in with the normal Hilton efficiency and with a warm welcome told me about the facilities and answered my questions about the internet and the complimentary breakfast.

There are lifts at the right of the reception to take you to the higher floors, in my case, the third floor. You will need your room card to activate the lift to access your floor. Around the reception area is a bar and eating area.

My room was a good size with a working table, a large bed and en-suite shower and toilet facilities. It was a generous size for my four night stay and very comfortable.

Our room overlooked the car park and rea of the hotel. Other rooms overlook the elevated railway track, so they could be a bit nosier. However, I could not hear any train noise behind the closed windows.

Air conditioning was available in my room, which was very important as it was hot (28 C) outside.

For those on business, the Wi-Fi was a good connection at 11 Mbit/s download and 10 MBit/s Upload & a ping of 28 ms. This was good for streaming video, such as Netflix.

The complimentary breakfast included a wide selection of juices, cereals, bread for toast and hot breakfast items, such as streaky bacon, sausages and scrambled egg.

In summary, this hotel is in a great location for business or pleasure in Berlin as it is close to the Bus 109 to and from the Tegal Airport & offers generous room sizes, great breakfast and Internet facilities.

Room tip: Avoid rooms near to the elevated railway track
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank andrewtmarlow60
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I’m surprised by the large number of good reviews when at least one third of the rooms at this hotel are facing the train tracks and so close to them that it’s impossible to get any sleep at all! If you don’t want to lie awake at 3am gathering the strength to go looking for another hotel, don’t stay here!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

My husband and I stayed here one night between returning from a cruise and flying home. This hotel has easy access to TGL airport on the 109 bus or via a taxi (fare under $20). The staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious with comfortable beds and excellent shower. The hotel is right next to train tracks, but we could not hear the trains at all from our 5th floor room. The location is very convenient to the Zoo, other nearby West Berlin sights, and many good restaurants. A huge plus for this restaurant is the generous free buffet breakfast served each morning. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Room tip: Higher floors are quieter and farther away from potential train noise.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

A very nice hotel with very friendly staff. We enjoyed the comfortable reception area/bar and the nice buffet breakfast.

Only one complaint: Our room had only a sliding glass door on the bathroom. This meant that everything that happened in the bathroom could be heard in full audio quality by other people in the hotel room. A simple old-fashioned door would have been better.

• Trip type: Travelled with family