Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt
US$ 100
US$ 84
  • Room Service
3,906 results
All reviewsmuseum islandgreat locationtv toweraround the cornerwasher and dryersmall kitchentrain stationkitchen areafree wifiseparate bedroomself caterings bahnminute walkspa areaexcellent hotelbars and restaurantswould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had never heard of Adina hotels and had not been to Berlin since the city was reunited, so I was very unsure about what and where to book. But my research suggested that the hotel and the location would be OK--and it turned out to be much better than expected. First, the hotel: We had a standard room which is really like a studio apartment with a couch, stove, fridge, even a small dishwasher. The room was very comfortable. The hotel is clean and modern with a bit of whimsy. The bar serves great cocktails for 5 euros during happy hour--an unexpected bonus. I would choose Adina again for certain. Now for the location: It is perfect. It's half a block from the S-Bahn and Hackescher Market with many, many good restaurants and shops. We passed up the 15 euro hotel breakfast and had no trouble getting good coffee, pastries, sandwiches, etc. just a few steps away. Our walking tour of Berlin, which I also highly recommend, assembled at the Hackerscher market, and Museum Island is easy walking distance.

1  Thank CarolynP598
ajost, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Dear CarolynP598, it is good to read that we did not disappoint you. Nice that you took advantage of our bar and the happy hour. The cocktails served are just great. We hope to welcome you soon again. Kind regards Annette Jost

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Overall, this was a great property, where we stayed for 4 nights. We would stay here again without hesitation. Berlin is edgy and alive – filled with history but authentic. No looking back here because it was all obliterated in WWII and compounded by the effects of Soviet domination and Communism. I found it painfully ironic that Hitler’s Reich Chancellery (1937-1945) on Vosstrasse is now the site of a preschool and the site of his Fuhrerbunker on Gertud-Kolmar Strasse is a non-descript DDR-style apartment complex, both only a few blocks from the powerfully moving Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment at the Adina Hackescher Markt, which was compact but spacious by European standards. The kitchenette was immaculate and quite functional, and the eating area ample sized, allowing us to take breakfast and a light dinner a few nights in our room. However, I could not see cooking a full meal. The sitting area was cozy, with a loveseat and work desk. Our 8th floor room faced away from the street and overlooked a courtyard shared by the adjacent office building. It was very peaceful with only a hint of city noise with the windows open at night. It had a small covered porch, really only big enough for one. Large door-size windows allowed for plenty of fresh air – but the AC also worked very well on a few warm afternoons. The bedding was very good; though the mattress was quite firm and the king bed was actually two twins pushed together. The bathroom was adequate in size and immaculate, with plenty of hot water and pressure. Housekeeping one day was not performed until nearly 5:00 PM, but upon request, subsequent days it was done much earlier. The front desk staff was generally very professional, but not overly friendly. Breakfast is not included and is 19 Euros. My other gripe is that Internet is only free in the lobby and bar area but 13 Euros per day in your room. For the rates charged (especially on weekdays) it should be included.

The hotel is about a block away from the Hackescher Markt S-Bahn station, serviced by the S5, S7 and S75 lines (but with no escalator or elevator and a long flight of stairs). It is two stops on the S-Bahn away from the Hauptbahnhof, where we got off the TXL Express Bus from Tegel Airport. Until Berlin opens its new airport, now delayed until well into 2013, for 2.40 Euro you take the TXL Bus from Position #2 (I think the ticket machine only takes coins) – it was a wild ride and jammed with people and luggage. We elected to take a taxi back to the airport – 25 Euros with tip and 30 minutes at 6:00 AM on a weekday. The hotel is located in the former East Berlin but the Hackescher Markt is filled with energy, restaurants, cafes and shops. Be sure to check out the nearby Hackescher Hof restaurant – great German Fusion food and friendly, English-speaking staff.

There are a Kaiser Supermarket and a Rossman Drugstore in the Hauptbahnhof that are open until 10:00 pm, even on Sundays. The Berlin Hauptbahnhof is an amazing place – it is like a small city – and the most impressive European train station I have seen. The Berlin Ostbahnhof (three quick S-Bahn stops east of the Hackescher Markt) also has two supermarkets, located in the basement of its main entrance hall: Lidl (daily 8 am to 10 pm) and REWE (daily 8 am to 10 pm), with a wider selection of products to stock your Adina kitchenette.

If you feel like splurging – check out the great Restaurant Wintergarten on the 7th floor of KaDeWe Department Store for lunch (Winterberg-platz station on the U1 and U2). It is a buffet style arrangement but all very fresh, wonderfully presented and diverse – albeit pricey – like 40-50 Euros for lunch for two.

Room Tip: Upper level, facing the center courtyard, so you can open your windows and not hear street noise.
1  Thank TRV_1957
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear TRV_1957, what a detailed report on your stay in berlin. It seems that you had already a plan laid out, what to dicsover in Berlin. I am thankful that you took our Adina as the right spot to explore the city and it looks like you enyoed staying with us. I am sure other guests will take your advices into consideration. Looking forward to welcome you soon again. Kind regards Annette Jost

Reviewed 23 September 2012

I decided to purchase a weekend in Berlin for my husband as a birthday gift. I had never been to Berlin before and so I had no idea where to stay. I did my usual trick of searching through hundreds of reviews on Trip Advisor and Adina seemed to match what I was looking for.
I was still a little apprehensive as when looking at the Adina website it seems to define the rooms of the hotel as apartments which made me think they may be completely separate to the hotel building. I also found the website to be extremely basic and not very helpful for things such as directions on foot.
When we arrived to the area by bus from the airport it took us a while to locate the place as, like I said, the website is lacking in useful directions by foot. The building numbers in Germany don't run the way you would normally expect them to run so having the building number didn't help us. We eventually realised that it was on the other side of the rail line to Hackescher Markt.

The welcome we received on arrival at the hotel was excellent. The lobby is modern, airy and welcoming. The Receptionist who dealt with us spoke excellent English. We were checked in and given our room key within minutes even though we had arrived about an hour earlier than scheduled for check in.
We got into our room on the first floor only to find the cleaners were still in there too. We were a little confused too as they had set up a sofa bed in the middle of the room. We found the room to be far bigger than we had expected with a built in kitchen, separate bedroom and bathroom. Clean, airy and inviting.
After the cleaners had left we unpacked a couple of items and headed off downstairs to start exploring Berlin. As we reached Reception again we were called over by the Receptionist who checked us in to be advised that she had accidentally checked us in to the wrong room and would we mind relocating. I had a daunting feeling that we had been given a room that was far superior to the one were actually going to get but agreed to move anyway.
The Receptionist escorted us back to the room and insisted on carrying all our bags to the new room which was beyond they kind of service we would normally expect. The Receptionist explained that she was new to the company and was extremely apologetic for getting our room wrong. She was really lovely and friendly and in the elevator ride up to our new room she informed us of all the amenities the hotel had to offer including the spa facilities and the happy hour in the bar.
Our new room was on the 7th floor and we were amazed that this room was even better! We had a huge living area with a kitchen situated around the corner of the room. A huge bathroom with a fabulous power shower and a big balcony that looked out across to another apartment building and a great view of the TV Tower.
The location of the hotel itself is excellent with access to the train station, the tram stop and bus routes all within five minutes walking distance. There is a fantastic bakery on the corner of the street, a supermarket about 8 minutes walk away and a Starbucks nearby also. Hackescher Markt is full of restaurants and bars and more hidden gems are also within walking distance.
I realised I had left my bag of toiletries in the first room we had been booked in to and so we notified the reception staff. Unfortunately they were unable to locate this bag.
On the day we checked out we were taken aside by the duty manager who was apologetic for the missing toiletries and even offered to reimburse us for the toiletries I had purchased to replace the missing ones. We left the hotel with a really positive impression. Both the standard of the rooms (I forgot to mention a two nights of solid sleep due to excellent sound proofing) and the quality of service we received from every single member of staff we encountered was outstanding and without a doubt the best hotel we have stayed in yet in the whole of Europe. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone and would use this hotel chain again. Many other hotels could learn a lot of lessons from this place!

*Extra note - a week after we returned home I received an email from the hotel to advise that they had found my toiletries and they even posted them back to me at their own expense. Just another example of their outstanding service.*

Room Tip: We stayed in room 715 which had a great view of the TV Tower and a big balcony
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear SerendipityUK, it is so kind of you to state here the experienced situation and how professional my team dealt with it. I am very sorry, that our young apprentice got confused when she checked you in the wrong room. She was very unsecure and then tried to solve the mistake together with my new assistant manager. Once you noticed that some of your toiletries must have been left in the previous room, we asked the new guests, if they had found it, but they did not. So my duty manager reimbursed to you the loss from the local stores and guess what, once the other guest departed one day after you left, they brought to the reception your missing toiletries. We felt all so sorry as this could have been avoided and that´s why my assistant contacted you again and posted the items back to you. I am very pleased that you appreciated, how much my team was engaged in solving the challenge and it makes me very proud of them. I would be delighted to welcome you again in our property with less misunderstanding. Kind regards Annette Jost

Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of July 2012 for my wife's birthday. We got a good deal through Expedia.
We had a one bedroom apartment on the 6th floor. There was a small balcony with a great view of the tv tower and railway. The room is soundproofed so very quiet despite the trains. Air con worked well. We got an early check in at 11.15 which was nice. Well equipped kitchen. Bathroom also great. This hotel is near perfect. I didn't expect to find any fault and didn't want to but we found it in the bar.
Cocktail happy hour from 17.30 to 19.30 had us tempted. My wife and I arrived at 17.30. The waiter arrived at 17.55. I had enquired at reception twice but to no avail. We finally got our cocktails at 18.05 so that was 35 minutes of the happy 2 hours wasted! There were no apologies offered. We were the only customers. I'll definitely stay here again but obviously won't be using the bar again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I wouldn't recommend the bar though.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear shakespiers, many thanks for the time taken to review now your stay from last July. As I could understand you liked the hotel, the location and the equipment of the apartment. I investigated on your encounter in the bar. Yes you are right, one evening the barkeeper got caught in the traffic and once he got there he should have apologized for that. I am very sorry that he did not. Please take my sincere apology for it, and I can assure you that this happened in July for the first time since we are open.If you might give us a second chance to complete the positive picture of our hotel, I would be happy to invite you for a drink in the bar. Kind regards Annette Jost

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I thoroughly recommend this hotel as I am unable to fault any aspect of my stay.

Not only was my studio apartment spacious,spotlessly clean and extremely well maintained and the kitchen well equipped, the staff were also friendly, professional and efficient.

The central location, close to the busy Hackescher Markt U Bahn staion, was quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear peta17, what a short and precise comment. It looks we did everything right to please you. Please make sure we are again on your list for your next Europe trip. Kind regards Annette Jost