See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2014

Stayed at this pension for three nights with two adults and two small children. Hotel is located very close to public transport, shopping, and excellent value restaurants in the up-and-coming neighborhood of Neukölln. All the staff was extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating, especially with our children. Breakfast was decent (extra cost on top of room rate); fresh warm bread, choice of cheeses/meats/jams, and eggs on request. We stayed in a 3-bed room facing the street; there was a bit of street noise at night, but nothing terrible. Rooms were spacious and clean; their website has good descriptions of I would highly recommend a stay here; if I go back to Berlin I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank eahennings
Reviewed 26 September 2014

All the best about the hotel! The room was really nice decorated, the breakfast was great, prices are reasonable and the owners are so warm, helpfull and nice people! I would recommend it and I will probably stay there if I go to Berlin again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jaisamoja
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed at Hotel Pension KARIBUNI this past weekend while on a personal trip to Berlin. Was looking for a reasonably priced little place and found this one to be very clean and super nice. You can't pay with a credit card there, but there are several banks withing a 5 minute walk where you can get cash. The room had hardwood floors, was spotless clean and had high ceilings and a nice little balcony with morning sun. Staff there was extremely friendly and helpful, it's right next to the Rathaus Neukoelln subway stop.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Simonetta B
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Located in Neukolln district, presently growing in reputation (it is reported that berliners consider more and more attractive to move in this area). Well served by public transportation.
The Karibuni is part of a Jugenstil-ArtNoveau building, with classic wooden floor, fine high ceilings. Clean, comfortable, with good breakfast. Very kind welcome and service.
Last time in Berlin I was in the Grand Hotel Marriott -this time I wanted to experience a down to earth german "pension" and I was not displeased.
There's also a nice living room that can allow fine time outside the room.
Only possible defect is that noise insulation is not that good, being doors and floor made by old wood. This is a low budget, high value solution. The district is not a fancy one, but seemed safe.

Room Tip: Courtyard-facing rooms have no city-noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hedin
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I highly recommend this small hotel in the Neukölln district of Berlin. I stayed here with my husband & two small children, while we were over for a family wedding. Each room has an African theme and the hotel itself is set in an old style apartment block with a lovely solid staircase, stained windows on the landings & solid wood doors to each level with en-suite rooms brought bang up to date.
The place is spotless & the décor is quirky & charming. The breakfasts were delicious. I don’t often drink coffee but theirs was excellently brewed. A choice of differently cooked eggs was always offered & the range of fresh breads, meats, cheeses, fruits & preserves was very good.
The proprietors were very friendly & helpful, they gave us directions, booked taxis & one evening happily advised us where to eat, even though they were out at the theatre & on a mobile phone.
The location is good, 2 mins from the U-Bhan (Rathaus Neukölln), 2 min from an ATM & a 7am-midnight supermarket. Good restaurants within walking distance.
The tariff is very reasonable. My brother & sister in-law stayed further away in a hostel & including breakfast it came out at more or less the same price! My parents in-law stayed round the corner at a very bland & dull hotel which was more expensive & excluded breakfast!
We felt very welcome.