“Great Italian dinner!”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Wonderful italian food! The different courses were presented at the table for our choosing - felt very genuine! The staff was very professional and the food absolutely marvellous!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

There is no menu as such. They will put together almost any meal from the selection of sample food that is brought to the table. The staff are knowledgeable and attentive in multiple languages. We ate in the outside area on a warm July evening as it was getting dark. You could completely forget you were in Berlin. I would go back again. Ideal for a romantic meal (I was there on business). I have no idea of the cost as my host paid so check that out first. As there is no menu there are no prices displayed or mentioned. Web site for pricing before you go. Next time I will eat inside as from the web site that looks good too and I know what the staff and food are like.

Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

We looked on Tripadvisor for a good italian restorante. We found Don Camilo. It's a great restaurant. They are very friendly. The food is shown to you instead of choosing from a menu. That was very nice. Great tasty italian food. Ask for prices before you order. It's not a cheap restaurant.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

This Restaurant offers not only outstsanding food, but also a unique dining experience. There is no menu. Instead your waiter will bring a cart with plates containing samples of what is on offer dor each course. You can pick and mix some dishes, and most of what lands on your plate involves some preparation directly by the table.
And the quality of each dish is simply outstanding for the price. Try the raw potatoe and orange dessert!

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

The concierge at our hotel in Berlin sent us to this restaurant because I requested a meal with wonderful pasta. Well.... we got that and more.
In a word, fantastic.

Everything you read about this restaurant is true, except the negatives. The food is about you. There are no set menus. You decide. They make what you want, the way you want it. And they do it with charm. From aperitif to appetizer to pasta to main course to desert. And lovely wine choices.
Homemade Italian at it's best, in Berlin.

I read about the slow service, so I was prepared. But this was NOT my experience.
They welcomed us and immediately offered us an apperatif, followed quickly by the appetizer cart. From there, the pasta cart and from there, the rest of the meal. There were no long waits on the night we were there. However, they allowed us to sit, sip our wine, coffee (or after dinner drink) and relax as long as we wanted at the end of the meal - but once we decided it was time to go, they kindly called a cab so we didn't have to find one on the street.

This is a wonderful restaurant and a fantastic total dining experience. And the price was reasonable. Nkor cheap, for sure, but not crazy expensive, either.You won't have a rude awakening when you receive your bill. The food is devine. The staff is charming. The art on the walls was great. (we never saw the bad art mentioned in other reviews) The chairs are comfortable. The restaurant is small enough to feel intimate. We loved it, and if I lived in Berlin, I would go on a regular basis. Yes. It's that good.

If you have a chance to go, with no agenda, no other place to be later and want a great evening with delicious food, take it. You won't be sorry, UNLESS you are in a rush to go somewhere later. So sit, eat and enjoy.
YUM!!!