All reviews minute walk ihg member tv tower lack of storage space reasonable walk great location u bahn station boiled eggs lively area news channels road noise mini fridge the sofa bed following morning the breakfast area would definitely stay here again desk staff
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Well located hotel. Ideal for walking along the river to the cathedral and beyond. Rooms unremarkable but a fair standard for the price. Reasonable breakfast but can get extremely busy after 8am. Staff at the front desk are helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TheSticksman
Peter B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin - Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your review of our hotel.
We hope you will visit us again.

Peter B.
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel as I had read good reviews online and I was not disappointed. The desk staff were efficient and courteous, the rooms clean, the breakfast food and the staff there were also lovely. It is located near the Alexa mall and other shops around Alexanderplatz. If you're in the mood and wearing good footwear, you can take a walk from the hotel to main sights like the cathedral, Bebelplatz and even the Brandenburg gate. My only comment is that if you are a light sleeper, a room at the front of the building might not be right for you due to the noise from the traffic.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Peter B, Front Office Agent at Holiday Inn Express Berlin - Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing us and for your positive comments about our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise coming from the street. We hope you will visit us again. I recommend you inform us next time, so that we can find a better solution in order to make your stay more comfortable. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

My partner and I were here for three nights and we both had a lovely stay here. The breakfast selection was excellent especially the availability for juices and the coffee selection was also excellent especially for the Caffe' Latte or Cappuccino. Even though it was out of a coffee machine, the coffee was certainly of fine quality. During the evening, if you wanted to, you could go downstairs to the bar and get some pizza during the night if you were hungry and an icecream. The outdoor courtyard was large enough for people to have their breakfast in the morning. The room was excellent and the welcoming message on the flat screen television from the manager was a pleasant surprise. Overall a wonderful stay here in central Berlin. You are only approximately five to ten minute walk away from Alexanderplatz and a further five to ten minutes walk from Museum Island. We virtually walked from here for Checkpoint Charlie, Potsdamer Platz and the Brandenburg Gate. So once more all I can say is that this place is both affordable and wonderful in one.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wolfjacobs
Peter B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin - Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear Jacob,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your positive and scrupulous comments with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we really appreciate your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

this time, I have chosen the HIE dur to the location and proximity of various work places that I could reach within 3 stations by underground U2. The hotel appears very new and hence you perceive all facilities positively. Arrived late morning and could conveniently work in the ground floor. on the street corner side, they have a sort of lounge which is more or less decoupled from lobby noise. Reception staff was very welcoming. My room on 7th with well tunable AC provided all necessary to feel comfortable. ackyard, Southside secured absolute quiet sleep. Batgroom modern, practical, roomy and comfortable walk in shower.Breakfast was well HIE standard but my business visit needs more than fine. The location is really good in Berlin Mitte, U2 statiom across the street, one stop to Alexanderplatz or 4 stops to Friedrichstrasse, 5 min walk to Nikolai.
If I visit again this area in Berlin, I will consider to stay at the HIE.

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank Caramellino
Peter B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin - Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing us and for your review about our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We really appreciate your scrupulous and positive comments about the services we provide and we hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. It was a good location to explore Berlin. U2 train line was across the street (Klosterstrasse), which is one stop away from Alexanderplatz.

Pros:
- good location
- clean and modern
- fast checkin and checkout process

Cons:
- AC did not work - there was a freak heat wave in Berlin when we came. Luckily it was cool at night, but the room would warm up in the morning.
- Breakfast was meh. It got old real quick after 4 nights

Overall would recommend!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexasAg17
Peter B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Berlin - Alexanderplatz, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Peter B.