“Second time staying.”
Review of smartloft

smartloft
Ranked #44 of 361 Speciality Lodging in Berlin
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at Smartloft, just a little over a year a part. This time I chose a compact flat since it was only for me and it was the perfect size. Smartloft is clean and kept well and the art exhibits are great. I also like that you have your own kitchen with all the amenities to make your own meals. The only slight complaint is that the WiFi is very poor and since it's free, I guess you really can't complain. However, I thought I would make mention of it in case someone is staying here on business travel.

Room Tip: A compact room would be good for one person and I would go for a larger room for two people.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The year 2012 was in Smartloft with my family in the large department, came back again this year alone and spend 12 days in samrtloft in a small apartment.
I feel like in my own home. Close to all, very functional, a warm atmosphere,quiet clean, and department facilities are perfect!
I hope to return again next year to Berlín an at Samartloft!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed in one of the compact apartments as an adult couple - very functional, good bed, friendly service when needed, interesting art objects, connected to the world, in the quarter of the city we like best - no wishes left open! The place seems well used, but clean and well-kept, not in any way sterile or cold, but with a warm atmosphere. We were visiting family members close by and also had some business in town, so we did not even use most of the features offered, but would come back for a longer stay to see more of Berlin when we have time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed in smartloft of December 27, 2012 until January 1, 2013 (when we were cowardly assaulted) ... on Dec. 31 go out to celebrate the New Year and when we turn around 1 AM, I realized that my suitcase and my husband was not broken padlock and had taken all our money, our credit cards and debit and my ipad. at the same time I learned that another apartment had also been stolen, we called the police who attended the other day in the morning and called also for Thomas (responsible for the smartloft) who made ​​light of the situation, saying he could not do much ... Or be careful when staying at smartloft you may be having robbed all their belongings stolen and your trip can turn into a nightmare!!
Do not recommend to anyone the Smartloft!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank patricia c
smartloft, Inhaber at smartloft, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

We are really sorry the apartment was apparently broken into. Since we have smartloft open there was never an incident like this. Perhaps occurrences like this are due to the redevelopment of Berlin toward a dense Metropolis with all the positive and negative side effects.
Of course we did not make light out of the unfortunate events. I travelled in the New Years Night at 4:00 o´clock in the morning 350 km to Berlin to help with the situation. But there was not much we could do, the crime squad took over the investigation. Till today nobody knows what exactly happened on the night of the 31. December, how this burglary could have happened.
Nevertheless we raised our security standard to prevent any further incidents.
Again we are sorry.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stayed for the second year in a Christmas smartlotf apartment. It is a pleasure to enjoy this very well equipped apartment. The beds are very comfortable, the kitchen is very functional and the living room and the living room nice too.
Thomas welcomed us very kindly even when we were always late and offers in helping us to make our stay is the best.
The location is ideal to visit berlin: Near Subway, alexander platz and near the island museums too, in a very tranquille neighborhood .Le kaiser is nearly and open until 00H which is very practice.
We will return with pleasure to smartloft.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family