“Ecletic Asian menu - happening atmosphere”
Review of Nu

Nu
Ranked #312 of 8,382 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 63
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Charlottenburg
Description: welcome to NU It doesn`t matter if you`re a nuclear physics Nobel prize winner, nutrition company CEO, news anchorman or an nudist camp leader. As long as you´re here for some of the finest pan asian dishes in town, you´re allright! Get to know our really good asian food and maybe get to know some of your table partners. They might be doing something interesting as well……
San Francisco, California
“Ecletic Asian menu - happening atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

After spending a week in Paris, I was in need of a lighter, spicier meal. Nu was just the answer. Others have written about the prawns - with just two of us we opted not to order, but we were the minority. We stuck to more traditional Thai and Vietnamese dishes and loved them all. We were seated at a communal table and the ladies next to us ordered the Hong Kong burger - boy did it look delicious. Dishes came out fast after ordering, but overall service was slow, but Spain and France were playing in the Euro Cup which they were showing in the restaurant and the place was packed, so it was probably a bit of anomaly. Still give it a five star rating.

• Visited June 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Definitely a must when in Berlin”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We visited on the 30.05.2012. The restaurant looks very beautiful and gets busy so I would recommend booking. We didn't book and just stumbled upon the place. The restaurant was quite full and it was out last night in Berlin so we wanted a table for just the two of us. The small male waited was brilliant and moved a high table and tall chairs out from the wall for us to dine at with just the two of us. The cocktails are brilliant, if you like spicy my boyfriend would recommend the wasabi and mango martini - also recommended to us by the waiter.

Now on to the food.. AMAZING.. we had the mixed starters to share all were beautiful and for the mains I had steak that was cooked to perfection. If I'd have had 1/4 of the potion and it put on a fancy plate if would definitely be better than the best 'fine dining' steak. My boyfriend had the braised pumpkin chicken red curry and also found his to be amazing.

There are people offering massages also in the restaurant. We didn't have one but if we'd have had more money left we would have as the other guests seemed to be enjoying it.

When in Berlin definitely visit this restaurant, just a few minutes walk from Kurfurstendamm.

• Visited May 2012
Chiang Mai
“Nice restaurant but food just ok”
Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

Place and service are nice. Food is just ok.. Well, I'm from Thailand and I know what is Thai food but this restaurant couldn't serve you something I can call Thai food. I ordered TomYum soup, no no no BY shouldn't call it tomyum, it is just something looks similar. Even what they called peking duck, they fried it, not roast..
I think it was overrated.

1 Thank Chaisiri
Hannover
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fusion cuisine :)”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Fusion at its best! Great service, great food, great location, better reserve in advance ...

Visited April 2012
“great food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I recently went to NU for diner, based on very warm recommendations from the hotel where we were staying. Well, now it is my turn to warmly recommend it.
NU has a very interesting and quite large menu with dishes from different parts of Asia, with a modern twist. And "modern twist" does not mean "small portion" in case you were wondering. We had an assortment of very tasty starters, followed by Crispy Duck for me and curry noddles for my husband.
The cool side of the restaurant comes from 1) the changing mood light on the wall that really makes it kind of a loungy place, 2) the option of sitting at a communal table if you feel like making new acquaintances, 3) the possibility of having a shoulder massage after desert (!).
The staff was very friendly and helpful with suggestions.
Overall, a very nice place for Asian food in Berlin.

• Visited April 2012