All reviews german hotel there is no air conditioning free parking old town great location euro shower wifi tv city cheese
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Let me begin by saying that I am a retired naval officer and have literally toured every continent on earth, so this is not the opinion of some novice who didn't know what to suspect in Germany.
I reserved this hotel as part of an automobile tour with my wife of the Czech Republic and Germany. This was a return trip to Rothenburg and we knew the general location before booking several weeks out. Reservation stipulated that there would be no cancellations after 6:00 pm (18:00) on day of arrival; a reasonable and common policy. However, when due to major construction delays on the A6, we arrived at 7:15 PM, we found the Bayerischer Hof totally dark inside and out with every door locked. I found a side door with a sign that read "Ring Bell and wait 2 minutes", which I did repeated for half an hour. I thought that there must have been some emergency that had closed the hotel even though we had received No Notification. We went up the street and procured the last room in the Gastof Rodertor. The nice folks there could not believe we had been 'stood-up' by the Bayerischer Hof and telephoned them twice for us. The next morning we walked down to the Bayerischer Hof where we were confronted by the owner who informed us that she had left at 7:00 the night before and would not in any circumstance refund out 95 Euros. The agreement was no cancellations after 6:00; not 'You will be denied your room and left without your money or a place to sleep at 7:15. There are plenty of hotels in Rothenburg, please do not encourage this rude behavior and lack of consideration for your visit by subsidizing this business. Thank you, and please enjoy your visit to this wonderful city.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank JDB23454
Reviewed 17 December 2016

Excellent location approx. 200 meters from railway station and town centre. Rothenburg is a lovely quaint walled town with cobbled streets. The hotel is good with superb cooking. The hosts are charming. A good centre for visiting Franconia and Northern Bavaria.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2016

This accommodation is only 5 min walk from the old town. Free parking available. No problem with wifi connection. We especially loved its room - The furniture and decorations give a historic feel which perfectly matches the ambiance at the old town. The hostess is very friendly! She greeted us by name when we first stepped through the front door, even before we checked in. Room is quiet, we had no trouble sleeping at night. There's no kettle in the room, but the hostess helped us get a big pot of hot water from the kitchen. Breakfast was included, it tasted so-so. We would definitely stay here again if we revisit Rothenburg!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2016

This is a typical what we would call a B&B in the USA / UK. This is the first time I have stayed in one outside of these 2 countries. It was a pleasant though uninspiring experience. The house is old with not much character or ambience, though it is spotlessly clean. The hostess was warm and welcoming and spoke good English. My room on the 2nd floor was cramped with the bed positioned in the tight space between 3 walls leaving just 1 side open. There were no convenient power outlets for charging etc. The bathroom was clean but small and old. The breakfast was typical but the coffee was great. There is parking at the back and it is just a 5 min walk to the Old Town gate. At 90 euros a night, I found it expensive and not good value for this part of Germany where a good meal can be had for less than 15 euros!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Not far to walk to this hotel from the railway station in Rothenburg, and only 5 minutes walk then to the entrance of this very historic old town. My room was quite acceptable, fairly small but the bed was comfortable and I also had a very comfortable chair and table within the room. The shower was actually in the corner of the bedroom, a bit small but it released a very good spray of hot water. The wash basin and toilet were within the room as well, a little bit away from the shower.
I looked out on to a tree lined street from my window on the first floor. A little noisy in the day time and early evening with traffic which leading from the station to the old town. Didn't affect my sleeping after 2200. Ample breakfast supplied in the morning in the breakfast room on the ground floor. There is also a restaurant on the ground floor serving very good food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo