All reviews around the corner within walking distance elevator bed parking city
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located in the center of the city, makes it easy to reach everything. the hotel describes himself as "modern". That's not the case. It's outdated. The photos on their website are photoshopped. Furniture, floor and bathroom have seen better days. 1 tiny pillow on the bed. Not very comfortable. The woman on the reception didn't had a good day when I arrived and was not willing to help with my late check out request before the next morning. problem was that I had to checkout the next day and so had to get up earlier just to find out if late check out possible or not. it was not possible, even the hotel doesn't seem to be busy.

main problem is the church tower. It's so loud and it's ringing four times an hour. even during the night. From 11am it plays 10 minutes without stopping. I work night time so this was definitely my wake up call.

The hotel is located in a small alley what makes every tiny noise real loud. If people walk by talking you can understand every word.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2016

Excellent location to main city centre. Family friendly location.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
Within walking distance, 2 min to all shops (very large shopping area (no high rises) and lots of places to eat and drink).
Lots of things to see - beautiful buildings (architecture) and whilst we were there, there was entertainment in city centre .
Very cute cafes and little streets with lots to see.
Rooms very clean and breakfast all included. ( eg. fruit,yoghurts, bread, meats, cheeses-) Can catch a tram which is just around corner of hotel.

Takes 5 min- 2 stops approx to main train station or an easy walk 10-15 min.
You can also catch a train directly to fussen (takes about 1hr) and is worth seeing, especially the castle.

Highly recommend this hotel. Everyone in town was very friendly

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2015

When I go to Augsburg to visit my mother who lives in the center of the center I always choose this hotel, that means if there is still a room available. The rooms are small but extremely nice, efficient, elegant, clean and breakfast is high standard, at least according to my standards. I must admit that I'm not interested in luxury. But I want a good bed and a friendly atmosphere. And that's what I get here. Any minus points? Well, it's in the center, that means it doesn't offer a nice little garden or so. You have to do without it. Also, the rooms to the courtyard are more quiet since on the other side you might hear some traffic noise in the morning. Book directly by phone. This way you have a better chance to get a room. Is it cheap? Not really but I would say you get what you pay for, or I would honestly say a bit more.

Room Tip: see my description
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Augsburg would not ordinarily be a city we would stay in - it was a convenient stop on our away down the romantic road and we only started looking for accommodation when we arrived in the city. Personally don't rate the city at all (compared to the cute Bavarian villages along this route).

Location is great - quick walk to the centre of town. The hotel has character but is quite tired, the rooms are small and comfortable although not that well appointed. Clean bathroom, average breakfast.

We got a corner room with lot's of windows and light - paid $130 Euro which seemed a little much although can't really comment as unsure of "normal" in this part of Germany. We ere happy to pay it though. Didn't attempt the car park - VERY narrow, and we an A3 hire car that I wasn't willing to scratch! Easy to find parking overnight just around the corner (free from 8pm-7am).

We read reviews about the noise but certainly didn't stop us from getting a good sleep.

Overall - nice location, tired hotel. Would probably stay again - it didn't seem like there were better options for location.

Room Tip: Corner room, second/third floor. More light and ventilation especially after a hot day!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

For some reason when we were looking to stay in Augsburg there were not very many options. For our budget, the Hotel am Rathaus was the best of a mediocre bunch.

It is very centrally located in Augsburg and an easy 10 minute walk from the Augsburg station. Situated right behind the town hall it is actually reasonably quiet considering where it is.

Staff are reasonably helpful and breakfasts were really good for the price.

We booked into the Hotel Am Rathaus in the belief that the hotel offered either a wifi or internet service; for which you had to pay extra. Upon request, they provide a 6 euro Deutsche Telekom card with a user name and password, that is designed to provide wifi access. However, even beside the Reception area the signal is so weak that the wifi pass is a waste of time and money. Given our frustration, we gave the pass back (to a not very surprised receptionist) and asked where the nearest internet cafe was. Luckily it is a short walk down the road. However, given our expectation of internet access - which is very realistic when travelling - we were very disappointed.

The rooms are quite tiny and there is no facility to make tea or coffee. We had dinner at the accompanying Italian restaurant which was quite pleasant and recommended.

But, I won't be going back....I am sure you can source a better hotel with all the facilities we are growing to require and expect when travelling for the same price.

Room Tip: Wifi reception may be better in a room close to reception - but I wouldn't depend on it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple