Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$103
View deal
Priceline$103
Agoda.com$102
Vio.com$102
eDreams$103
Tripadvisor$103
StayForLong
All reviews minute walk train station old town breakfast room wi fi single room altstadt euros bath germany hairdryer cereal
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 July 2022

An easy to find hotel, just about 10 minutes’ walk from the train station & just one minute’s walk from the old town. Checking in was quick & friendly with info on Wi-Fi, breakfast times & checking out. In less than 5 minutes after entering the hotel, I was in the lift & on my way up to my first-floor room.
My single room, no.14, was small but adequate for solo traveller use. It was clean but basic with a laminate wood floor, wardrobe, safe, full-length mirror, fridge, luggage rack, work desk, chair, lamp, nice sized bed, reading light over bed, smoke alarm & two spare electrical sockets. A large window meant plenty of natural light. I had no issues with noise from inside or outside of the hotel. The complimentary Wi-Fi required a password to access it & was quick to connect to, consistent with good speeds. It auto reconnected immediately on re-entering the hotel.
The bathroom was small, truth be told, it was a little bit too small & tight. It was, however, very clean & modern with a tiled floor & walls, hairdryer, mirror, shaving/make up mirror, electrical socket, radiator, wall vent, shower cubicle, shower head & hose on a riser rail, easy to control shower valve with great pressure & plenty of hot water, small bar of soap, 25mls tube of hair/body wash, one bath towel, one hand towel & a floor towel.
Breakfast was served from 06:30 to 10:00, cost 11:00 Euros & was worth every cent of it. I went down at 07:30 & I was the only guest there. Continental buffet with a great selection of tasty fayre … cereals, salami, sliced ham, cold meats, cheeses, breads, toast, bread rolls, waffles, croissants, pastries, yoghurts, boiled eggs, dried fruits, gherkins, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, whole apples, oranges & bananas, grapes, kiwi & orange slices, mandarin/pineapple/melon/apricot/plum segments, honey, Nutella, jams, teas, coffees, orange juice, multivitamin drink & mineral water.
All staff that I interacted with were wonderful, super helpful & attentive. It was extremely hot outside, high twenties/low thirties, I asked if it was possible to have a fan for the room & one was handed to me immediately. I requested an iron & ironing board & fifteen minutes later, both were delivered to my room. For some reason my electrical adaptor would not work in the room’s sockets. I asked if they might have a charger & they loaned me one for free for as long as I required it. Beer…cold 33cls bottles, straight from the fridge, cost 2.00 Euros each.
Checking out was as quick & friendly as checking in had been.
I can highly recommend this hotel & would have no hesitation in staying there again.

Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank Gaildorfblues
Reviewed 28 November 2021 via mobile

Even though the Covid situation was getting tough again resulting in me being the only guest, they accomodated me nicely without any complications. A great and welcoming place to stay with very clean and well-furnished rooms, a decent breakfast and friendly staff. Would visit again.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2019

Very happy with my choise of hotel in Nuremberg. Sparkling clean - not a single dirt mark on the walls in my room, bathroom was spotless. Excellent location - close to both central train station and city center. Friendly and helpfull staff.
They had an offer, if you give to the cleaning of your room one day, you can take 2 soft drinks from the minibar that day. They even have umbrellas that the clients can borrow for free.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Noelle2011y
Reviewed 20 August 2019

The hotel is less than 10 minutes' walk to old town and from Nuremberg Bahnhof. There were complimentary biscuits and water provided at the reception counter. The biscuits were delicious. On top of that, the hotel breakfast is wonderful, not mentioning the free-range hard boiled eggs and the non-sweetened and tasty jams to go with bread and many more...We love it very much !
The staff are friendly . We would like to specially thanks to Ms Carmen for her extra mile service to give us more hair and body wash after knowing that my wife likes the fragrance and the brand is not available at any of the shopping malls.
We thank her for the kind gesture to put customers' first , it warmed our hearts !
Hotel Fackelmann has good practice in which guests who do not want house keeping can inform the hotel staff and in return hotel will offer 2 soft drinks to guests each day. It is indirectly doing their part to promote eco-friendly service.
Hotel Fackelmann and staff, keep up with good service :)

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank sylvia3001
Reviewed 22 July 2019

Hotel Fackelmann is located a few hundred metres outside Nürnberg’s Altstadt (old city), where the castle og and all the museums and fine old buildings are situated. Brillant location.

At the same time you don’t pay for a stay inside the Altstadt, so in that sense the rooms at Fackelmann are very fair priced.

Our room (no. 23) was quiet and more than satisfactory with a large double bed, two comfy chairs and a big, clean bathroom.

There is a fan, when the temperatures outside get high, but the air in the room can get a little stuffy.

The staff is smiling and helpful, and they all speak some English.

Breakfast is not cheap (€9,90), but there are many kinds of food to choose from. Personally, I’d prefer fewer things of better quality (less is more), but never mind.

You can book safe parking on the hotel’s premises (€8).

Room tip: No. 23 facing a quiet courtyard
Date of stay: July 2019