Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Good collection

If you like contemporary art, this is the place. Extensive collection and intriquing soecial... read more

Reviewed 9 January 2018
Mary S
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Interesting

Modern art museum in an interesting architectural building and exposing modern art from Germany and... read more

Reviewed 16 December 2017
francoise5
Jerusalem, Israel

Recommended experiences in and around Nuremberg
from US$ 68.21
More Info
from US$ 11.56
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Modern art museum in an interesting architectural building and exposing modern art from Germany and abroad.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank francoise5
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

12.13.17

This is located close to HauptBahnhof and the Grand Le Meridian Hotel where we stay a lot so we headed over.

Some interesting things and some totally blah stuff. It is a 4/5 and worth it to walk around for exercise.

Give it a try.

the Doctor Hit me with some LOVE ❤️ and a helpful VOTE!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Contemporary art is what i deeply cherish. Everywhere I go I try not to miss the local museum of modern art. Neues Museum makes no difference. And it didn't disappoint me. I really loved the exhibitions, the building, everything. If you are a fan of modern art like me, make time to visit this exquisite museum.

Date of experience: June 2017
2  Thank sunflower983
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Museum Can be interesting, but receptionist is very rude.
We asked if Museum was in english language and She replied: "we are in German, so is Just in german"
That's not true: Museum has english texts but not always -> that's ridicoulus for a National Museum! I don't speak german, only german speakers Can visit that Museum?

We showed student cards but we paid full price! Was told us we had discount but that's false!

I was disgusted for all visiting, and i reported that to next receptionist.
Worst experience in a Museum.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 28 March 2017

I'm surprised that this art gallery ranks quite low on TA - I spent a very interesting couple of hours here. Modern art isn't everyone's cup of tea, but this gallery has a varied collection and you should find something you like. The architecture of the building itself is worth a look.

The permanent collection is displayed over two floors and includes well-known names such as Gerhard Richter. When I visited in March 2017 there was a temporary exhibition devoted to Boris Lurie - I didn't particularly like the art, but there was plenty of information in English and I learnt a lot.

Date of experience: March 2017