All reviews main building nuremburg sausages old town breakfast room minute walk hotel is situated comfortable bed no air con stayed here for two nights private parking u bahn station smoked salmon nice hotel inside the city walls mini bar would stay again euros
Reviewed 30 June 2017

We found this hotel to have a good quality price relation. It is located inside the city walls and it is possible to visit the city center by walk. The staff is kind and the reception oper 24/24. There is a private parking area in the inner yard included in the price of the room. We did not try the breakfast which is not included (and 10 euro/person sounded to us a bit overpriced). The room was modern and roomy. The toilet as well was big enough to accomodate a bath. Everything was clean and well kept. Only downside might be that the room was on two levels (toilet only on the second floor) connected by a staircase. It was ok for us, but it is worth to check it in advance if that would be a problem. Our room faced the inner yard and was very quite.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kirppu00100
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I would say it is an okay hotel trying to be more than it is. The staff, everyone of them, especially Stephen, are so nice and helpful. My room was on the street side so it was noisy.

There is no air conditioning in the hotel but Stephen provided me with a fan. My refrigerator/mini bar was not working so I couldn't even get cold water. Stephen and the other desk people were more than happy to give me water bottles from their fridge. I was told that the manager had to fix the fridge. He didn't show up on Monday. I was also told that he was very busy and may not be in for a couple of days.

If it wasn't for the staff I would have left the hotel and gone somewhere else. Poorly managed.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank fauziat
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We really enjoyed the location of this hotel. It's central to everything and, although the red light area is directly behind it, you don't have to go anywhere near it if you don't want to!! The room was really comfortable and clean. The wifi was fast too! There was a free safe and a decent hairdryer. The staff couldn't have been more friendly/helpful.. they endured our questions and gave fab tips and directions. The breakfast was very good, though you'd need to get there pretty early if you want to sample the smoked salmon!! The only drawback to this hotel is that there's no air-con. We had wonderful weather so the room was pretty stifling! Regarding the airport.. please do not do what we did and book a "private" transfer. Due to being aware that we'd arrive around 6pm on a Friday and leave early Monday, we booked the transfer for quickness. It was a complete rip off! The airport is only approx 15-mins from the hotel and easily accessible via public transport or about 15-20 euros in a taxi. We paid £66 EACH (I did shop around for prices and this appeared to be the norm). There are some very interesting things to see in Nuremberg, the courts where the trials were held are a quick journey on the U barn whilst the Rally Grounds were easily found via tram 9. We were advised to take a day trip to Bamberg, and were so glad we did! It's approx 40-mins via train and absolutely beautiful as it escaped the bombing during WW1 & WW2. They have a special beer there that's smoked. It was like drinking smokey bacon crisps but.. oh it was so good!! I'll finish by saying don't rush to try the "famous" restaurant next door. We were served 12 sausages, horseradish and potato salad.. it was OK but the sausages you can purchase from the street vendors tasted the same and were a fraction of the price. We were really disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SusanneManchester
Reviewed 17 May 2017

We spent two nights in this hotel. The room was clean and adequate for our needs. The water pressure in the shower was great too! We did not eat breakfast there since we found a small bakery close by. Front desk staff was polite and helpful in calling a local tour company for us. The location was excellent allowing for easy exploration of the walled city. My only complaint was that the wifi was limited and you had to wait 30 minutes for the next 300 megabytes allowance. That made usage a little difficult especially when using maps, etc.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bernadette1182015
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Was a excellent location for us as we wanted to see the older and not the new modern part. We enjoyed this hotel and all surrounding area. Five to ten minutes from all the main attractions. As we were using the train to travel it was only a short walk to the station.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family