US$ 93
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 115
US$ 104
  • Restaurant
Hotel Am Jakobsmarkt(Nuremberg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 89
US$ 86
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 96/night.

US$ 124
US$ 121
US$ 99
  • Restaurant
Movenpick Hotel Nuremberg-Airport(Nuremberg)(Great Value!)
US$ 93
US$ 88
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 107/night.

US$ 74
US$ 72
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Derag Livinghotel Nurnberg(Nuremberg)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
US$ 69
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$ 100
US$ 98
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 114/night.

US$ 115
US$ 104
Orbitz.com
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 118/night.

All reviewsclose to the train stationold townpleasant hotelgood sizestayed here for nightswould definitely stay here againminute walkhauptbahnhof
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Pros: location is next door to train and bus station, short walking distance to an amazing shopping district with many restaurant and pubs. Doesn't get any better. Our room was very nice and modern, upscale bathroom and bedding.
Cons: It is a maze to get to your room, we had bags weighing over 40 kg each and had numerous flights of stairs and two small tunnels where temperatures must have reached 100 degrees, felt like a sauna. Hotel management should get UV film put on all the windows to reflect the sun rays. The rooms are not air conditioned, they provide an oscillating fan. You can't open the windows as they do not have screens and flies and bugs enter the room. The second night I tried to sleep on the bathroom floor as the ceramic tiles were cool but they soon absorbed my body heat. So I think I eventually got two hours of sleep. They do not provide bar soap or shampoo, luckily we brought our own.They supply body lotion and liquid soap for your hands and shower, upon check-in we found we only had two thin towels, went to front desk to get some more. I got lost in the maze but ran into a front desk employee who politely said she would have it taken care of. Two hours later I had to get to front desk as they never arrived. I got lost again and eventually found my way to the street and found the hotel entrance and went to fronta desk and asked for them I wanted to wait at desk for them as I was afraid they would never arrive. They assured me they would take them to the room promptly and they did.

Room Tip: Get one close to reception as it is a maze and challenge to find your room, especially if you have heavy bags or have trouble walking.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Christel D, Manager at Ringhotel Loew's Merkur, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Dear guest, thank you for your comprehensive report. We regret that you could not find the comfort you expected while staying at our Hotel. Please let me add that we offer are variety of a/c rooms on request and availability. I regret that you did not dare to open your window. Nuremberg is not an Tropical Island, where flies or bugs enter the room. Sorry that the support with additional towels did not succeed immediately. I hope that you enjoyed your stay in Nuremberg. I read in your travel descriptions that you had a delicious meal here at McDonalds. At least in this aspect my hometown did not disappoint you. Yours sincerely Peter Löw, your host

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Loved this hotel. Located in downtown Nurnberg with private parking. excellent breakfast buffet, comfortable rooms and beds, free Wifi. Close to the train station. The staff was very friendly, bilingual, helpful.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Christel D, Manager at Ringhotel Loew's Merkur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Dear guest,

thank you for your lovely Review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and recommend us to other travellers. That is wondeful! Yours sincerely Peter Löw, your host and the Team of Ringhotel Loew's Merkur

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Myself and 2 other colleagues stayed in this hotel on business. We each got the "tiny" rooms with a kid size twin bed that is attached to the wall. There was no room to move or turn. My room was on the 3rd floor above the restaurant and street which all night long I could hear people yelling and talking never mind the ambulances several times a night. Yes, it is close to the train station but you pay for that with a high noise level and lack of sleep! Did I also mention there is no air conditioning? Being warm in the room, the windows were open but this allowed for little bugs to come in and a moth.
There is limited towels and no washcloths in the rooms. No safes and the hair dryers are very old with no power to dry your hair in less than 45 minutes. The keys to the rooms are big metal doors with the room number on them so if you ever lost it, someone could come right to your room.
Don't get me wrong, I like small boutique hotels and have stayed in quite a few, but this hotel lacks so much to be given such high ratings.
On the brighter side, the lobby is elegant and quaint. The breakfast area is bright and modern with great coffee and a great variety of options.

Room Tip: I would advise to look at your room ahead of time for location to the street and to see if the size suits you.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Christel D, Manager at Ringhotel Loew's Merkur, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Dear guest, thank you for your very comprehensive Feedback. I regret that you could not find the comfort you were longing for at our hotel. Please let me add that we are not that type of Boutique-Hotel you prefer but a traditional City hotel in the very heart of Nuremberg - since 1930! Please let me add that ambulances do not drive just for fun in our City but a called due to emergencies - and I hope for you that you will never need one in your life. Yours sincerely Peter Löw, your host

Reviewed 30 March 2016

The hotel had a very friendly staff and the rooms were spacious and well lighted. I highly recommend this hotel. The location is at the center of Nuremburg and you can walk to most of the historical sights. Also if you are traveling by train the location cannot be better as the hotel is just a short walk away. Again, the room was clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. When I return to Nuremburg this is the hotel for me!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Christel D, Manager at Ringhotel Loew's Merkur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your superb recommendation. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel so much and did enjoy our amenities.

We are happy looking forward in welcoming you again.

Yours sincerely Peter Löw, your host and the team of Ringhotel LOew's Merkur

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I stayed here one night only for a business trip. The hotel itself is located in great area, close to Main Train Station and it looks pretty safe - I came back at 1am and no worries at all.
I booked small single room, for short stay wonderful option, everything was clear, the sleeping more than comfortable, great bathroom, but I missed couple of details that can make this review even better.

1, the staff needs to smile more - the lady at check in never smiled, barely shows her attention to me, on the other hand the blond lady with check out - no complaint at all. Open to small talks, I tried to speak to her in German which is not my strength, complete opposite of check in lady.

2, I stayed at 5th floor which is nice and silent, but if you have a trunk, there is a lot of walk back and forth as some rooms are in different wings. I appreciate that was the girl upon check in who showed me my room otherwise I am not able to find it.

3, the cleanliness of the hotel is great - the biggest surprise came in the morning when I went to shower, close the door and on the hanger there were somebodys swimming shorts - obviously of some former guest. I also made a picture of this but do not publish it here. I do not understand how with that level of cleanliness the maid did not check the bathroom at all! #504 The feeling was weird. Working in this business made me picky in a good way. Also while having a shower you have only small towel. I would prefer bigger to cover at last half of my body.

4, breakfast for 12€ is really worth. The choice is wide, the coffee is served in jug just for you, nice options to choose from. I liked it a lot.

Next time in Nuremberg I will probably try something else or maybe give it a try again, At the moment I am not sure.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Christel D, Manager at Ringhotel Loew's Merkur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2016

Dear guest,

thank you for your review. Obviously the housekeeping oversaw the swimming shorts on the hanger, which was hanging behind the door. This should not happen. I apologize for our mistake.

Yours sincerely