All reviews main station train station old town great location travel kettle free wifi no tea coffee facilities reception area rooms are basic very comfortable stay short stay an easy walk front desk staff small bathroom couple of nights few minutes walk city centre
Reviewed 28 October 2015

Date of stay: October 2015
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisNUEHBF, General Manager at Ibis Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2015

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2015

As an Accor Advantage member, I tend to stay in their properties for short stays in overseas city locations, especially as these tend to be located centrally and close to the train stations (this is important to me). This hotel was no exception, no surprises, it ticked all my requirements: central location, clean, quiet, lots of hot water, good bed, nice breakfast. The room we stayed in was actually a bit larger than the usual Ibis rooms, but the toilet/shower room was predictably a squeeze. Nevertheless, we had a comfortable stay as one would expect. However, the front desk staff varied from extremely kind to totally indifferent, and the free wi-fi in my room was far from useful (over two days I had to log in about 16 times - when I queried this at the front desk, I was made to look foolish; I know computers, it was their problem not mine. The promised 'premium wifi' access certainly did not live up to expectations! It was seriously frustrating. Even when there was a signal, access was so slow and dropped out, I had to stand in the hallway opposite the router several times just to send an email! I've stayed in many European hotels on this trip and this was the lousiest hotel wifi ever). So, on balance, this is a good place to stay for a few nights but be prepared for a few irritations.

1  Thank geckopoo
ibisNUEHBF, General Manager at Ibis Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

The General Manager

Reviewed 28 September 2015

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 September 2015

This was our 1st Ibis stay, ever. We normally like to stay at small inns & B&B's as we like a more local, less corporate feel. The room was fine, but the bathroom was so small. Additionally, the hallways were horrid. It was white, white, white. No color on any of the walls, and they were scuffed from the maid carts. Additionally there were spills everywhere on the hallway carpets, which were squares and could have easily been replaced by managment.

1  Thank LouiseMonroe_WA
ibisNUEHBF, General Manager at Ibis Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Dear Louise,