“Great place to enjoy music”

Jazzclub Unterfahrt
Ranked #11 of 34 Concerts & Shows in Munich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 10 June 2018

The jazzclub is a bit hidden. Don't be misled by a sign on the street, the actual entrance is more to the left through a door and down the stairs into an old brewery cellar. The atmosphere is very nice, old style club. The menu is very German, but OK and there is an extensive drink list. We had a big band with a singer and it was very enjoyable. There is not so much choice in live music these days, so absolutely go there if you like this kind of thing. We had a great evening.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank DickZe

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Visited friends in Munich who love going to this Jazz club... since I love Jazz too they bought tickets as usual without investigating who the band is.
We were in for a big surprise! Apparently they had enjoyed every performance so far, but this time it was a rather unusual performance for which none of us had a taste or musical appreciation.
It was -I quote- like having contractions... you hope it's over soon, but then it starts again!!!
As with many unusual experiences, it makes you laugh about it even long after the event and so it was a fun evening never-the-less.
I am wanting to go back though for a real Jazz performance next time I am in Munich.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Located a bit out of the city center, this underground live music has a lot to offer. From the long corridor leading to a modern style of Parisian cave, to the neo-industrial design and ambitious artistic choices made in the programs.
We listened to a resolutely experimental ensemble, comfortable in the assurance that both the audience and musicians knew that this was a perfect fit for the place.
My spicy chili con carne nursed my hunger quite nicely, accompanied on the way by some proper Bavarian beer.
As a live music aficionado, this is exactly the kind of venue that I would call my second home if I had to spend some time in Munich.
Warmly recommended.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Concerts every day of the week at 9pm, though popular or bigger name acts will sell out as the venue isn't big. There's a slight preference towards free jazz, so if that's not your thing then check the programme before turning up. You can get food there - basic German cuisine and pasta dishes. The seating can be hit and miss - head for the chairs in front of the stage to avoid your view being blocked behind a pillar.

Date of experience: June 2017