“Best Lunch Buffet ever”

Mangostin Asia
Ranked #11 of 75 Dessert in Munich
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Description: The Mangostin tavern with its modern, authentic cuisine from the Far East. Located in an old villa in the city district Thalkirchen, near the Zoo, Mangostin is full of life, joy, exquisite delicacies from Thailand, Japan and Vietnam. In summer enjoy the short getaway feeling on the terrace and the adjacent garden: Mangostin Lounge Garden is a hip meeting place and with its cookshop, it is a casual interpretation of Munich's beer garden lifestyle.
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I have been here for lunch several times this summer. I just love the lunch buffet of the Mangostin. The food choice and quality are outstanding! Also the service is fast, friendly and helpful. I certainly hope to come back soon

Wolfram S, smm at Mangostin Asia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Thank you very much for seeing us - AND for kindly recommending us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We have been to Mangostin over the last couple of years and the food is brilliant. Now returning to Munich after 15 years, we had some take out tonight. The food was mediocre and not up to the standard we expected it to be and certainly not worth the Mangostin premium. The food tasted store bought and the sauce was too fluid making it a bad meal. I called the restaurant and was told this is caused by not eating in the restaurant. I had hundreds of take outs in Asian countries and never experienced such a drop in quality. We won’t be having take out again.

Wolfram S, smm at Mangostin Asia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

We are very sorry for the poor experience you made with out our take away offer - AND with the unprofessional answer you received from someone in the team. Please talk to our management when seeing us again. We truly apologize for what happened!

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Perfect food, interesting atmosphere, realy fine tastes and kind staff. Don’t miss duck liver, it’s fantastic!

Thank you very much !

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We went to Mangostin with a group of friend during the summer and we enjoyed the nice outside garden. The service is fast and attentive. We had sashimi and sushi appetizers, which was very fresh and tasty. As main course we took shared plates of mixed seafood , lobster and crabs which was unanimously appreciated. Excellent quality and generous quantity. Good selection of wines. We had a surprising Australian Sauvignon Blanc, a less impressive Chardonnay (Alois Lagerer) and a Lugana, which is a classic of Munich’s wine cards. Very good desserts as well. The restaurant is certainly a high-end choice and definitely recommendable for all enthusiast of fish and Japanese cooking.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Grabbed sushi takeaway from Mangostin this evening. I was beyond happy with everything I ordered: Waikiki roll, Master roll, Spinat/Sesam roll, Satay Gai, and Unagi Nigiri. The only thing that keeps this from being a 5 star review is that I was told I could wait outside on the beautiful terrace for my order but then no one came to find me. I went inside after waiting 25 minutes and found that my bag was sitting there ready to go. However, this hiccup will not stop me from returning. I can't wait to try other items on their menu.

1  Thank Elana G
Wolfram S, smm at Mangostin Asia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

We are VERY sorry for the irritation caused! Thank you so much for this very kind and friendly review.