All reviews exhibition centre a large shopping mall subway station business hotel great hotel rooms are quiet during oktoberfest free wifi underground parking one night stay hotel entrance superior room business trip location is excellent breakfast was excellent decent size the air conditioning
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during my attendance of a large medical congress at the Munchen Messe. The location is excellent, less than 5 minutes straight walk to the congress center, and just outside the U-Bahn (metro) station. The rooms were comfortable and clean, the breakfast had quality and many choices, the bar was cool. The WiFi was OK, and the staff was very helpful and polite, especially at the reception. They awarded us a small late check-out without much negotiation. Obviously not a luxury, but a perfect place to stay in Munchen during attendance of a congress at the Munchen Messe.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Novotel5563, General Manager at Novotel Munchen Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. We are very pleased that you rated us highest and are delighted that you really enjoyed your stay with us and the room and the breakfast in particular. My team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back as a guest hopefully soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I stayed here because it was only a few minutes walk to my office near the Munich Messe. It is about a thirty minute ride to the central station by U-Bahn so may not be really convenient for a tourist.

The hotel sits on a square close to a very well appointed mall and with plenty of eateries around. We ate most days at the King Ludwig restaurant which serves excellent Bavarian dishes at a reasonable price. There are all manner of foreign cuisines available.

My room was a superior room but also catered for those with disabilities which I didn't much care for. I do not need emergency buttons or cords everywhere, I do not want a stool in my shower! I had one call from reception during my five night stay asking if everything was OK because they were showing an alarm.

The room itself was fine. A decent size and with a window that actually opened - a rare luxury these days! The bathroom had no bath tub just a shower in a wet-room arrangement. I am not mad about these preferring to have a separate cubicle with glass doors rather than a nylon curtain which inevitably results in the whole floor being soaked.

The room had a TV with mainly German channels and only one or two in English ... I find that a little archaic these days!

I was entitled to free Wifi due to my Accor hotels status and it was adequate rather than fast. You are allowed three devices on one 'account'

The breakfast is so expensive at Eur19 that I chose to go out each day to one of the many food places adjoining the square. Consequently, I did not sample it.

The room had a minibar fridge containing some beer, water and soft drinks along with a bag of crisps and a bar of chocolate. Seeing that it was extremely expensive I didn't consume any of it. Imagine my surprise when I checked OUT to be told that it was included in my room and that I could have emptied it daily for free had I wanted to! They really need to tell customers when the check IN not OUT!!

Overall I was happy enough at the Novotel and will stay there again when my travel plans next call for me to spend time at my Munich office.

Room Tip: Take breakfast out of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Novotel5563, General Manager at Novotel Munchen Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you so much for your positive review, the nice feedback, and also for your critique and suggestions on improvement. We take your input very seriously and I have already discussed it with the managers and colleagues in charge. I sincerely hope that your next visit will leave you completely satisfied. We would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Good hotel. Nothing special. Clean and comfortable. Very convenient if staying for an event held at conference center. Next door to shopping mall (with grocery store). Restaurant hotel (novo2) was quite good for restaurant hotel. Great food. Excellent drinks (fantastic negroni).

Stayed: August 2018

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. We are very glad, that you were satisfied with our hotel and our service – and you could enjoy your stay. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Having visited Germany a couple of times, I was always assured of getting a beer! Arrived at hotel at 11pm and was told the bar was open until 1am, went to room to freshen up, went down for a beer, then the bar closed at 1215am!! What's that all about? Is it to make u use the extortionate mini bar in the room? There are no bars or restaraunts open nearby at that time, so beware!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Novotel5563, General Manager at Novotel Munchen Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the problems regarding the bar Opening. Please rest assured that I have already looked into this and taken steps - and within my team I will make sure that negative experiences are a rare exception in the future. I feel very bad for the inconveniences you had to deal with. I would like to ask you to give us another chance. I very much hope that on your next visit our services will leave you completely satisfied.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

I would t rate this hotel as 4 star for the following reasons

Bathroom is way to small
Beds are not that comfortable I spent more time waking up and falling back to sleep than actually sleeping

Personally I would rate it at 3 star

It does have a nice bar / setting area and is clean
But overall it rather bland

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Novotel5563, General Manager at Novotel Munchen Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

I am very sorry if that we failed to meet your expectations and something went wrong. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and your next visit will be more pleasant as the previous one.