See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had dinner at Jagdschloss before deciding to stay in the hotel a few days later and we loved the Bavarian food and the staff was super friendly and spoke English which I was thankful since my German is elementary. The rooms are super modern and very clean. They looked brand new or recently remodeled. The restaurant is so cute and has lots of seating. We sat inside on the first occasion and then outside after that. Both were ideal.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to Munich. Great neighborhood and a lovely experience.
~An American Traveler

Room Tip: The Residence rooms are larger and very modern with Bavarian accents. Beyond charming!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This place has a lot of potential. It offers nice and clean rooms. The hotel is also situated in a nice neighbourhood. It has a beer garden.

The food is quite typically Bavarian. The meat dishes are good, but avoid the fish (too oily and greasy).

The staff are quite helpful with the exception of what I think is the owner. This man was like a German Basil Fawlty. He never smiled, made me feel like a nuisance and even disappeared into the kitchen after I paid him for a meal (and by doing so giving himself a tip). Now, some of the waitresses might have deserved one, but this man certainly didn't. He clearly prefers some costumers (the regulars and locals) over others. Offering basic hotels services seemed like gargantuan tasks for him.

My conclusion: only visit it if you are Bavarian or if you want to experience Fawlty Towers in real life.

3  Thank Raptyr
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The hotel is something typical Bavarian. (22 persons - having a 4 days-meeting there). .One afternoon we wanted to sit at two tables in the guests-room ("Wirtsstube") to work in a small group for an hour (only 2 other couples in the two rooms, one room without any guests), we were not allowed to sit there ( all are NON smokers!), even with extra consumation, had to sit outside under a "sunblind"- it was raining and very cold, see picture. We got blankets ... that was all. Not even a "thank you" or " have a save travel".. with the hotelbill. Just NOTHING.
Staff was not friendly at all. None of us would recommend this hotel!

3  Thank margaret21_10
Reviewed 13 May 2013

A lovely looking hotel in a beautiful suburb of Munich called Pasing (nearest train station with the same name), spotlessly clean. However the welcome, customer service and dealing with the majority of staff were far from positive. We attended a business meeting there with 23 colleagues and at all times I was to made to feel my presence was causing an inconvenience for the owner and her staff. I suspect this is to do with the fact they have a thriving restaurant business which lots of locals use, it was very clear that this took priority over her paying guests. On the last day, after checking out we put our luggage in the luggage store (the corridor) and went for a walk to a local Castle. On our return the owner sent one of the nicer members of staff to tell us not to walk through the restaurant past reception and to take the back door out of the building. We had a fabulous time in Munich, the Bavarian's were so hospitable with the total exception of this hotel. I would thoroughly recommend you stay elsewhere so they can concentrate on their local business.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
5  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stay at the Jagdschloss frequently when I'm in Munich for business. I like the quiet location and the nice restaurant with beer garden. Although the hotel rooms lacking decoration, they are spacious and clean. The staff is nice and helpful. S-Bahn to Munich centre is within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business