Pension Westfalia is a small b&b place, which is quite nice and has its pros and cons:
1) The owner Peter is very nice, always friendly and always ready to help with all possible and impossible questions
2)The breakfast was very good, very filling: variety of breads, rolls, cereals, cheeses and cold cuts; yougurt, jams, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds; tea or coffe
3) The room was quite specious by European standards, the beds were comfortable.
4) The room got cleaned every day, towels were changed every other day.
5) The price 72 Euro/night for a double room including breakfast is a rear find.
6) Free internet access in the room
1) It's not in the center of Munich, you have to take a metro (2 stations) to get there. It is possible to walk to the center, but it took us about 30 minutes of walking through busy city streets (very uninmpressive walk)
2) The room had no fridge to store our wine/fruit/water, etc. It had no ventilation or air-conditioning either (could be a problem on a hot day/night)
3) Toilet had no ventilation or window
4) The room and the toilet had an unpleasant musty order although both were very clean (probably due to poor air ventilation, although we kept our window open at all times)
5) Right beside us there was construction going (it will continue till September 2011), so we were up at 7 a.m. every morning except weekend, could be a problem for some late sleep lovers.
All in all it was OK, worth the money we paid for sure. Would recommend it to anyone who travels on a budget.
- Also Known As:
- Pension Westfalia Hotel Munich
- Westfalia Hotel Munich