All reviews s bahn station the main hotel minute ride comfortable hotel yogurt annex riem cheese city centre exhibition accommodation connection airport pillows oktoberfest
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We read the reviews before going and the most helpful was the advice to check out the route of the short walk to the Hotel, if arriving by train.
We found the staff; front desk and restaurant to be very friendly and helpful.
We even bought our three day train pass to travel to Oktoberfest and the city at the front desk. They told us which the best stations were and how and where to validate the tickets. Traveling by train was convenient and about 20 minutes to the central train station.
Our room was in the Annex behind the quaint Bavarian hotel you see in the photos but it was quiet, clean and modern even if it was compact.
As every other reviewer has said the included breakfasts are super. Continental style breakfast and includes so much; meat, cheese, great baked breads, cereals, yogurt, vegetables and fruit.
We also ate dinner at the restaurant and enjoyed it as a farewell to our European holiday.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I booked in this hotel and my experience was not very good. The room was not in the building you see on the main picture, they have rooms in a 2 storey building on the side, quite tatty, abit like old student buildings as you can see on the picture.
It was noisy and smelled of cigarette. Otherwise the room is not big but just right, with all the necesary equipment. Pillows are much too soft/thin though.
I arrived 1 hour late due to flight delay and although someone was inside at the counter the door was locked and they pointed me to a machine. You can get your key by entering your name if you have booked.
The thing is I had no indication as to room 101 was and no one to direct me. So I knocked loudly for a momen ton the door and someone accompanied me in the dark to the other building on the side. It is also a street with residential homes so be advised if you arrive late: yes you have to go that direction!
So I did not sleep very well and the checking in was strange, otherwise breakfast was lovely and check out no problem.
I won't try it again though due to the noise.

Room Tip: Ask if your room is in the main building or the building adjacent.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here to celebrate 10 year anniversary. Price was reasonable, room very clean and comfortable. Hotel is small enough to be personal whilst remaining a professional establishment. Breakfast included which was pleasant. Location was easy enough to get to, approx 10 mins walk from the station into central Munich, which was a 20 minute ride. Airport harder to get to, we missed a connection on arrival at the airport. The hotel though was quiet, in good order, and suited us perfectly. Thoroughly recommend if you are looking for a mid range to budget hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Is the perfect on the budget accommodation if you are in transit for few days. Rooms are small, but modern and clean.
They don’t mention, but there are really big chances that you room will be in an Annex building which looks like a dorm and has nothing to do, in terms of design, with the building you see in all pictures.
It takes around half of hour to get to Munich.
Breakfast and the staff serving it are good.
The restaurant is closed in August.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my 13 year old daughter stayed here with a friend.
Its a lovely hotel, with lovely reception staff (restaurant staff could be a bit abrupt sometimes).
Beautiful hotel in a beautiful, peaceful area with easy access to the S Bahn.

Munich is an amazing city, highly recommended... for all ages! Olympic Park was a little gem and the Beer Garden there with live music was a definate highlight of our trip.
The hop on hop off open top bus tour is also a must showing you all the main sights with a great commentary.

Beautiful hotel, beautiful lively city, beer, sausages, bells, music and local cuisine.. (make sure you are aware what a white sausage is before ordering!!) A wonderful trip. Absolutely loved it!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family