“Great hotel, noisy street!”

KING's HOTEL First Class
Ranked #30 of 387 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My party arrived in Munich early on a Sunday morning and were able to check-in to our rooms by 9 AM - a wonderful thing. Desk staff were most pleasant and accomodating. Our rooms were exquisite, clean and well appointed. However, our rooms also looked out on the main street below. When the windows were open, even just ajar, the evening noise from the patrons from the Table Dancing establishment across the street provided too much of a distraction for me to get some much needed sleep. Maybe there are rooms located elsewhere that are better? Breakfast in the AM was wonderful and delicious with a terrific variety of foods for all tastes. BMW recommends this hotel for its customers coming to Munich to pick up their new cars - good choice, except for the street noise..

Room Tip: Ask about street noise and request a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maude1017
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We were greeted by the friendly staff at the reception and lucky enough to check in early. The room is quaint and clean. The bathroom is a little bit small, but that wasn't a problem for us. Location is great as it's less than 5 min walk from the main railway station. There's also supermarkets a couple of minutes walk from the hotel too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caztanzaa
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My husband and I booked a room at this hotel for early April. Upon arrival, the staff member that checked us in informed us that we had breakfast included with our reservation. I asked her to check again, as I did not think that was right, but she assured us that it was included. We ate there four times, and when we checked out we were told we owed 120 euros for the breakfast. We explained that we had been told otherwise by the employee who checked us in, but the gentlemen checking us out stated we would have to pay or it would be deducted from his own paycheck. We paid, thinking we would get it settled later on. I emailed management when we got home, explained the situation, and was told that it was my problem as I should have had a copy of my reservation with me that I made online, showing that I only paid for the room. I replied and said I was very disappointed in their response, putting no responsibility on the employee who gave us erroneous information. I got no reply back. I think this is extremely poor customer service. Had that not happened I would have given the hotel a decent rating. It was clean (although there was dust in our room), the staff were friendly and helpful, and we were comfortable there. However, the mishandling of our reservation and the unsatisfactory response ruined it for me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LSS36
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Spent a week here. Ideally located within a short walk from the Hauptbahnhof. The street can be busy with traffic and people until the early hours. I was at the front of the hotel, and found that the aircon was not cool enough so had to open the window. And yes, it was noisy - may be an issue if you're a light sleeper.

The renovations did not detract from my stay. Room quality was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was outstanding.

A good base to explore Munich from. Just ask for a room facing the back if you think the noise may be an issue.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LonePhotographer
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Very pleasant three night stay just before Christmas. We choose this hotel after reading the Trip Advisor reviews. Well priced, and very well located, only 5 minutes walk from the main railway station. Then just another few minutes’ walk into the main streets of central Munich. Also only five minutes away from the start of the hop on hop off bus routes – we always like to use these when visiting a new city. The area the hotel is situated in is perhaps not the very best in Munich but we never experienced any problems and the hotel itself is a little oasis! Several places not too far away to eat – reception staff very useful here.

As other people have said, the rooms are rather small, but clean, comfortable and reasonably appointed. Small bathroom. We had a room at the back (no view, but quiet).The reception is small, but the staff really friendly and helpful.

We were on room only so can’t comment on the breakfasts – these looked very expensive however and we found a really nice Italian bar just across the road and down towards the railway station a little, which had a very good (and cheap) coffee and bun from early on. We also ate there one evening – very nice and again not expensive.

All in all we felt a good choice and would certainly use again on a visit to Munich.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple