1,194 results
All reviews oldest hotel great location isartor station hofbrau house front desk staff wonderful hotel breakfast room s bahn short walk old city within walking distance junior suite the hotel staff included in the room rate large bathroom breakfast was included visiting munich
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our first stay at this hotel was in 2013 and we enjoyed it then.This visit we had a nicely updated corner suite with a great view down the street towards Marienplatz. The room was comfortable,nicely furnished and relatively quiet.All employees are super friendly and helpful,especially at reception,where staff guided us to locations and made dinner reservations. The breakfast choices are better than I remembered and the coffee really good.The servers all do a great job juggling guests and plates but our favorite was Alesandra. No doubts that if we visit Munich a third time..it will be a "charm" staying at Hotel Torbrau

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. We were on the 3rd floor with a view of the old gate. Our room was a good size and was clean, well decorated and comfortable. The bathroom was on the smaller side and the shower had good pressure but was way too small. The staff were extremely friendly. We were able to book tours and buy subway tickets at the front desk. It was only a 5-8 min walk to the Rathaus/Glockenspiel in the main square

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank scottdon99
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Nice location. Beautiful place. Reception folks are ok. Too pushy. Only allow 1 voltage adaptor ??? Bathrooms are like grandmas house. Tv is puny. Comfortable bed. Bar and restaurant was awesome. Super nice people that are attentive but not invasive. Breakfast was good. Clean facility throughout. Mostly recommend based on location.

1  Thank Minklehole
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

This is a gorgeous small hotel, built into a remodeled 15th century building that has internet that is faster in the rest of Germany combined.

From the moment I walked in, I felt welcomed- the front desk stuff was very personable; they processed my reservation in no time.

The Deluxe King Room was on a smaller side; however, it was beautifully appointed. The bathroom was fantastic - very modern, with a walk-in shower. If I were to look for perfection, I would wish for (1) USB ports and (2) a way to turn off the powerful bathroom fan while still having the light on (by the time I finished drying my hair and applying makeup, my ears were buzzing from the fan :))

One of my favorite parts was the restaurant. The apple-celery soup tasted great; the fish with charred wild broccoli was light and flavorful, and the service was fantastic.

There is more: from crystal collection in the lobby to the hidden room that recreates how the hotel looked back in 1490 (hint: skip the elevator, take the stairs, you will be rewarded with several visual surprises).

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Iryna C
Reviewed 23 October 2018

The corner mini suite we were in was great. Staff very helpful. Location is an easy walk to Marienplatz. Owners boast one of the oldest hotels in Munich, but they have kept the facility up to date, as our room had all the current features one would expect.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple