“Superb Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Manila, Philippines
“Superb Hotel”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed twice, the 11th April + 15th and 16th April 2012. Not a great deal to say about this hotel. It was just fabulous, the rooms large, bathroom large BUT still that annoying European habit of putting the shower in the bath, this is the only fault I could find. We had a superior room with a nice view overlooking the garden. The Charles Lindbergh restaurant was very good with great service. Reception check in and out was fast. The only minor problem is one that seems to be a disease in hotels now. They charge for internet and the price is horrendous, the concierge told me to join the "Kempinski Club" and it become free.

Room Tip: Join the Kempinski Club for free internet and ask for a room overlooking garden.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AUSSIEmike99
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bronxville, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the Kempinski once before when I had an extremely early morning flight from Munich airport, but almost did not as I saw the awful reviews on this site. However with a departure somewhere near 6AM I decided I didn't much care. On my first stay I was pleasantly surprised at a nice, comfortable room, and the included breakfast seemed great though I had to rush through it quite quickly to board my plane...all in all I wished I had more time to enjoy it.

A few days ago I had a late arrival in Munich and decided to go back to the Kempinski for the first night to avoid having to get to town or another less convenient airport hotel, and now I understand the awful reviews I was afraid of the first time. When checking in, the first few rooms they tried to give me were booked by other workers while my attendant tried to print my card, and the room I ended up with in the end was absolutely awful. Cramped, dark, and gloomy, with holes in the wall and scratched paint all over the wall--I felt like I was in a 3 star hotel in southern Italy, but my rates were not 40 Euros!

On top of it all I was disappointed to find that my rate did not include breakfast, though nothing said anything either way when I booked the room. I decided to try the pool facilities, but was amazed that you had to essentially walk across the hallway from the airport parking to the main terminal to reach it...about the worst pool experience I have ever seen in any hotel around the world.

I have never stayed at any other Kempinski, but I know now what you get here...if you are lucky enough to get a decent room it is a nice experience, but based on my second stay I know that the quality control is clearly hurting, and the room I had is an insult to the 5 star rating, price, and brand.

Every booking is a roll of the dice...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank HappyGuy2
murphey11, Quality Manager at Hilton Munich Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear guest

Allow me to thank you for sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

We have taken note of your comment which we do regard as very serious and would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the unpleasant experience you had, especially after a first convenient one. It is unfortunate and I regret the quality and service of our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams and certainly do understand your disappointment with respect to the status of the offered room. This does not reflect our standard. Rest assured that I have personally spoken with the responsible department head.

In light of the seriousness of your comment and to avoid any recurrence, allow me to kindly request you to share your impressions in more detail in a private email either to nadine.kloppe@kempinski.com or directly at +49 89 9782 1501.

We look forward to hearing from you and to work with you towards a solution to this issue.

Yours sincerely,

Nadine Kloppe
Quality Manager
Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich
bangor ireland
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We booked this hotel for its location, and it was worth it for that alone. The atrium is certainly large, but whether it is beautiful or not is a matter of personal taste. I would say it was quirky! The hotel is expensive for what is really just a standard busines hotel, but the location uis undoubtedly convenient (though surprisingly hard to find from Terminal1 - easy when you know just whre it is, but not otherwise, and not that well signed). quirky b

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed at Hotel Kempinski after flight from London after work in order to get on slopes for late season skiing rather than fly in the morning. Situated at airport between the 2 Munich terminals you could not hear the planes. Nice room (we may have been upgraded from standard), complete with mini bar, slippers and robes. Nice qualities products in the bathroom. For the potato couches there was a lazy boyarm chair in room and TV channels in most languages.

Breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had.

Sitiuated next to mini shopping arcade and car hire places makes it a convenient all round location.

Only disappointment was no Tea/Coffee facilities in the room.

For the tourist also only 10-15 minutes from Dachau.

Millburn, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on three occasions while connecting to other cities in Europe. We have been consistently impressed with the professional, friendly service and the exceptional hotel amenities. Our rate for the executive suite included an excellent full buffet breakfast, use of the pool and spa, and a free mini-bar. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and well-appointed, and the steam room is particularly relaxing after a long day of travel. The hotel is a short walk to the terminals, where we have never waited more than five minutes to clear the security check-point. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing a comfortable, convenient, and relaxing rest spot before making connections to other cities.

Room Tip: The third floor is non-smoking.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
2.2 km away
MOXY Munich Airport
#2 of 4 in Schwaig
29.5 km away
Sofitel Munich Bayerpost

Been to Hilton Munich Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK