2,320 results
All reviews free mini bar privilege room train station main station accor hotels superior room free wifi convenient location minute walk room was large side street munich hbf late at night four nights coffee machine public transport visiting munich
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Very good location and good service.
I was there on a family Holliday and enjoyed a lot the stay at Mercure and in Mercure.
Great breakfast.
I have booked a family package. However, i did not had 'communicating' rooms. I was very disappointed though the receptionist did his best and put us in 2 rooms close to each other.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Jörg H, Geschäftsführer at Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hello Julien H, thanks for your reply. I am sorry about this missunderstasnding. Bit we do not have connecting rooms. We have to check the details on all websites if this is written anywere it is a mistake. I will share you kind comments with my team and we hope we can welcome you again. Best regards, Jörg Hansmann

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 08:30 pm to be told by check in staff...sorry u needed to be checked in by 06pm or we cancel your rooms...unless its prepaid by credit card of which one is provided at booking in any case.....terrible policy enacted by staff...my father was ill and dizzy..no sympathy at all....
They knew they had done something wrong as off duty staff were called in to help find another hotel in city....
Eventually one was found but now the lesson is avoid these outrageous munich hotels....rip off as well.
Its such a shame as other accor hotels are very good in france etc.....never again mercure.....once bitten twice shy...u lost 3 rooms with multi night stays....ur loss...

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jörg H, General Manager at Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Mr. Paul B, I am very sorry, that this special situation has happen to you. For our hotel it is very important to guaranty the booking during special periods. I can not check your booking because I do not know your name. But in general I will have a meeting with my front office team, to talk about the handling with such situations. We have a lot of hotels near by and we always find a alternative solution. That your father was ill, I am sorry. If I can help you for the futur in any way try to contact me direcly through the hotel adress. We are following the same policy as all Accor Hotels worldwide. Best regards, Jörg Hansmann, General Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I liked this hotel but definitely saw different sides to it.

Checked in late on a Friday to a very warm welcome from a chatty receptionist. Our room was on the second floor and even had a separate sitting area. However it quickly became apparent that the street outside was rowdy at night. There are several youf hostels on this road! Also the windows had terrible glazing/ insulation. I had to get up and check the window was closed at one point when it felt like the garbage men were about to enter the room.

But, I asked to change rooms and was accommodated with v little fuss. All the back rooms were taken but we ended up on the top floor where it was a lot quieter.

We experienced breakfast twice: the first time it was excellent and the second time it was all fairly average and the hot food distinctly cold.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

dear gth01, thank you for your distinguished feedback. We will discuss this in the team, to take care more of quality at the breakfast. For futur bookings, just remark quiet room, so we can give you a room to the bachyard, which are very quiet. Best regards, Jörg Hansmann

Reviewed 13 May 2018

If you want to stay in the heart of Munich's historic city centre, the Mercure may be a few steps too far away. However, it's cheaper, modern, friendly and relaxed.

The location is the main issue. It's surrounded by hostels and cheaper hotels and it seems they're popular with the groups of drunk and stag parties who enjoy a weekend in one of the best cities for beer in the world. Into the early hours of the morning, they're singing and chanting their way home and the Mercure doesn't have very good sound-proofed windows. After one restless night in a very nice street-facing suite on the 3rd floor, we moved to the top floor mezzanine room (the bedroom is up a spiral staircase from the rest of the room's facilities). We slept better but we could still hear the noise. If I were Mercure management, I'd be getting much better double glazing...

We enjoy a walk so the fact the old city centre around the Rathaus was 10 minutes away was no problem at all.

Both rooms we had were clean and comfortable, modern and spacious. They had a big TV with plenty of channels, a free mini bar, free wi-fi and tea and coffee facilities (although with very environmentally unfriendly Tassimo machine things).

Breakfast wasn't included in the rate but we paid 19 euros each on a couple of mornings. The first time the choice was excellent and everything well stocked. The second time the choice was very poor because few things had been re-stocked, the hot items were cold and the restaurant looked like a bomb had hit it, with tables left uncleared and the floor covered in mess and cutlery.

If you don't want to pay 19 euros, there are lots of coffee shops and cafes nearby.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jörg H, Geschäftsführer at Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you so much for such a positiv feedback. It is detailed and distinguieshed. If you want a quiet room next time, just give us a not and we will block a backyard room for you - very quiet. I will share your comments with my team and we will work on the constant quality every day. This is not our standard what you have expired. Best regards, Jörg Hansman, General Manager

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Stayed here for two nights as part of a mini-tour of Germany & Italy by rail.

On the plus side, this Mercure hotel is only a short walk from Hauptbahnhof and U-Bahn stations making it ideally located as a base for exploring the city and surrounding area. Easy check in and our room, at the front of the hotel on 5th floor was comfortable, spacious and nicely refurbished. Free drinks and crisps in mini bar were greatly appreciated, especially as we had arrived late at night and could find no other options for dinner. A few more options for dining in room late evening would have been even better. Chose not to have breakfast in the hotel as I’m beginning to get a little tired of hugely overpriced breakfast buffets offered by major hotel chains, especially when I only want coffee and a croissant.

The major drawback with this hotel, as far as I’m concerned, is also it’s location. I’m a light sleeper and had NO sleep on either of the two nights due to constant noise from people loitering in the street below in the small hours, screeching of tyres from people presumably showing off in cars, sirens and other big city sounds. I wouldn’t wish to blame the hotel for any of this which is largely outside of their control, but unfortunately I find it difficult to recommend as a place to relax in the evenings or sleep unless you can guarantee a room not overlooking Senefelderstrasse. Ideally better soundproofing of windows, stronger policing or just relocating to a better area are the only solutions.

A shame as otherwise a nice hotel with very little to complain about.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room not overlooking street if you want to be able to rest
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will share this point wit the team and also with our management regarding the stndards of Mercure. In average we are priced below the maket munic in breakfast and offering a wide bench of product internationaly. I am very sorry that we have not mached your expectations and we will discuss your request of a croissant breakfast. In the past we have figured out at Novotel, that a limited a la carte offer is not used. I can not see on what date you have stayed with us, but maybe we can change a room to the backyard, if the street side rooms are to noisy for you. It always depends on the actual booking situation and the category you have booked. Every guest can request at the booking, a quiet room to the backyard, so can not follow your comment for the entire hotel. For the windows I will dicuss this with our asset management. Maybe we can get an invest for the futur.
Best regards, Jörg Hansmann, General Manager