“Just renovated with nice spacious modern rooms”
Review of Hilton Munich Park

Hilton Munich Park
Ranked #60 of 383 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersSilver level
Czech republic
“Just renovated with nice spacious modern rooms”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The location of this hotel is fine, although it is not directly in the center. You can take tram easily and be in center in 20minutes even on weekends.
We stayed just for one night late June in one of the newly redesigned king execuive rooms on 11th floor. I am not sure if all the rooms are already done in this new modern design or just Execusitve once at this moment, but we really liked the room. It was quite big, with modern furniture, quire spacious bathroom and also with balcony. It would be nice touch if the balcony was equipped with some chairs as our room was facing English garden park and it was nice sunny day...but overall the rooms are definetely pretty nice!
Executive lounge is just average. Unfortunately we did not have time to use spa and pool which I read it also renovated recently.
We also tried lobby bar for late dinner and some cocktails, everything was ok except for the lobby bar staff. While front desk staff was great and very friendly! the lobby bar staff did not seem to care much, there seem to be more employees than guests, still they were just staring at you and nobody bothered to come for a long time. This was only minor negative, still for the price of food and drinks I would expect bit more attention.
Overall the hotel was nice, clean and new rooms are great.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I am a Hilton girl and this hotel met all of my needs! We arrived at Hilton Munich Park after a Ryanair flight and on the final stretch of a two week trip. The cab fair from the train station/Ryanair bus drop was 14 euros, worth it. I stayed at this hotel four years ago with my Mom and we enjoyed all the perks of Diamond Status. This time around I was a Gold member. I was still given free breakfast vouchers, free WiFi, and a welcome bottle of water and Ritter chocolate bar. After two weeks of traveling this hotel was just what I needed! They had a nice fitness center and spa/pool area. The rooms have just been renovated and they are beautiful.

The hotel is nestled within the large English Garden surroundings. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Chinese Beer Garden and a 20-30 minute walk into the city center. On the way we stopped to see the river surfers and enjoy the park. If you have allergies be prepared to take an allergy pill before starting the walk....I had to.

The room service was DELICIOUS and the breakfast was AMAZING. The first day I was a little piggy and went back for seconds. I swear I had one of the best croissants of my life from the bread area. On the first day I had an omelette and the chef perpared it and brought it to my table. There is nothing better then curling up in a hilton robe and slippers to enjoy room service.

The new Hilton Honors rules specify that you have to have a deluxe or executive floor room number to enjoy the executive lounge. I was informed on my second visit to the lounge, but on my first visit I got a water and a few snacks. The lounge overlooks the gardens.

The best part of the stay.....wait for it......I only paid 100 euors/night! I opted for the prepay rate online. The hotel was more than worth the rate and they made money off of me from room service and my movie purchase of Thor.

if you are a hilton lover, this will satisfy any hotel traveler.

Room Tip: Request a balcony garden view.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed here for four nights for a pure vacation in what I consider the best city in Europe.

Munich is compact but still sort of spread out. This property is centrally located to many attractions and is next to the Englischer Garden which is AWESOME. As for the hotel I loved it.

The service was impeccable. I speak German but I sometimes struggle for the right word. The staff would smile and pick right up and respond in English with a little knowing wink and thanks for trying.

The rooms are modern and clean. The AC is not quite like what we are familiar with in the US...meaning its kind of on the warm side. There also seems to be a ventilation issue. There was a large family on the floor and as odd as this sounds I think they were cooking things in a hot plate. The hall had a strong spice smell which was not pleasant. BUT I did tell the staff and they did their level best to fix it.

I am HHonors Diamond and got a room on the executive floor. They have a very good breakfast spread with a variety of items. I had a city view room which was fine although friends have told me the garden view is better.. The Spa and pool are very nice as well. The bottom line is I have and will return to the property. I have sent several friends here and all of them have really enjoyed the stay. The reason they got a four was mainly due to the amount of HHonors points per night and the issue with the AC and ventilation.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Jerry H
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I stayed at Hilton Munich Park Hotel on a long weekend vacation.

From Munich city centre, I got to the hotel by a bus and got off at a stop near to the hotel. Around the bus stop, there were no signposts giving direction to the hotel, which may cause visitors inconvenience. The hotel may probably do something about it.

The hotel's exterior looked well-maintained and the lobby was spacious. Check-in was like a breeze. My room was also spacious, with a defined (larger-than-expected) sitting area next to the bed. Typical business hotel's furniture and decoration in the room, which was not a bad thing at all.

The room had a balcony with a wide and superb view towards English Garden. Lovely and it added values to my stay there.

I dined at one of the restaurants a couple of time (actually don't remember how many in-house restaurants the hotel had). Quiet, good dinning environment, attentive services and reasonably priced.

All the hotel's staff members I came across were polite and friendly. In general, a solid business hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank KeepDiscovering
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The Hilton Park Hotel has some great features: our room & the en suite were newly redone, both were spacious. The bed & bedding were excellent, we had a nice chaise lounge, and the 5th floor view of the Englischer Garten was lovely. Our room had floor-to-ceiling window/sliding door and a nice long deck where we could enjoy the view. There's a stream directly below and the sound of the water was nice -- but the room is very sound proofed so you don't hear anything at night.

The staff is young and not terrificaly knowledgeable but very eager. The indoor pool is just big enough to do laps in (not open until 9 a.m.) -- the steam room fires up quickly. Peeked into the workout room which looked completely new.

BTW, we got a great rate -- no breakfast included -- for our three days that was about 60% of the normal rack rate.

Being near the Chinesischer Turm bier garten in the Englischer Garten was a bonus - - on two evenings we found it the perfect place to be for a beer, typical Bavarian food, and a free show (stag and stagette parties that seem to love the place in May/June! But there's also the band...) In fact, the park itself is a lovely place for walks and there are several cafes/restaurants/bier gartens in and around it.

The less-stellar points?
(1) Wi-Fi is 9€ a day and the day I requested it, wasn't available. (Really, in a time when fast-food outlets offer it for free or nearly free...?)
(2) I thought the breakfast prices steep (26€ for the American Breakfast...?)
(3) The location is nice being near the park but not terrifically convenient for public transit.

Best way to reach the hotel from the Hauptbahnhof is to catch the No. 18 Tram to Tivolistrasse (less than 20 minute ride), walk 5 minutes. I suggest ignoring the signs -- yes, they do lead you to the hotel -- but if you're unfamiliar with the park, it can be easy to miss the right path and the stream makes that essential. Instead, getting off the tram, turn right a 1/2 block to Ifflandstrasse (Taverna del Sud, an Italian restaurant is on the corner -- not bad!) & go left about a block, cut through the courtyard of the HVB Info Services offices (6 steps down) and you're there. THAT route takes only 5 minutes to walk (less than the way the signs direct you. .

You can also cross the park to where Giselastrasse meets Ludwigstrasse and get the U3 or U6 to Marienplatz, etc. -- BTW, there are lot of cafes & restaurants on Ludwigstrasse.

STRONGLY suggest you buy a transit pass at the Hauptbahnhof or the airport as soon as you arrive! It's just 10€ for two people to ride all public transit in the inner circle all day to 6 a.m. the next morning.

Departing via the airport? Plan on it taking an hour but it's not bad: Catch the No. 18 Tram on Theodorparkstrasse (corner of Tivolistrasse) to the Isartor S-Bahn station, get on the S-8 which goes to the airport. Tram/S-Bahn ticket to the airport is 10€ per person.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Englischer Garten!
4 Thank ASASG_7