Open today: Closed

More Info
from US$ 19.70
More Info
2,330 results
All reviews old masters da vinci self portrait art lovers audio guide european art peter paul rubens great collection dutch masters van dyck master paintings on display beautiful museum worth a visit entrance fee rainy day rembrandt
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Very nice museum we wanted to see the cloud many paintings in the other museum but for some reason it was closed on this day. In expensive ticket to enter audio guide included photography is allowed.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

The Alte Pinakothek has a wonderful collection of "Alte Meister" from Albrecht Duerer to Rembrandt and Rubens.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

There are renovations of some collections at the present time. However the collection of the paintings by Rubins is magnificent. Seniors pay a reduced entry fee and there is a lift for those with mobility problems who wish to reach the upper floors.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I last visited here in 1971, and things are pretty much unchanged. My biggest disappointment was that the rooms with the Druer collection were closed, that was my main reason for going. The rest of the collection is excellent with many great pieces of art. But I don't understand why a major museum like this does not use non-glare glass in their frames. Many pieces were difficult to see as this very old building does not meet contemporary standards for displaying fine art.

1  Thank ggold113
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

What an espectacular place! I was a little reluctant to visit it in the first place since there are so many museums in Munich. I am glad I decided to cone since this venue gathers essential pieces some of which transported me to my childhood days when I started learning art history in primary school. The collection of Rubens’ works is just breathtaking.