All reviews perfect location courtyard deluxe room chocolate shop boutique hotel your doorstep food market outdoor market separate toilet shower curtain amazing hotel munich hotel visiting munich mini bar old city english garden s bahn the main train station
Reviewed 30 October 2018

A couple of minute walk from historic sites and shopping centre. Clean and comfortable rooms, excellent service from the front desk to room service. Very helpful staff who oversaw my lost luggage issue with the airline all the way to the bags delivery to my room.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Lucas L, Manager at LOUIS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 355imadb

thank you very much for your feedback an your positve rating.
We hope to convince you another time staying with us and to achieve the 5th star.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Stayed recently for work around the time of Oktoberfest; my second trip to the hotel in 2 years. Location is very central and Viktualienmarkt (food market) is right outside, so you can sit out and have drinks if the weather's nice. Rooms are well designed - wooden floors, white walls, modern / clean bathroom design and plenty of space. I stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the market - I think room 509 from memory. Spacious and lovely. The breakfast was terrific and menu inventive - the Asian foods on offer at breakfast were lovely. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the market are lovely
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Lucas L, Manager at LOUIS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear elawsons

thank you very much for your splendid review.

We appreciate your comments and would be proud welcoming you back to the Louis soon again.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Firstly the location is great, very central to all the action in Munich. The hotel clearly went through some kind of modernization the last few year but there are areas were the actual age of the building still shows, for example the entrance and the lifts. Our room (416) was tiny for the 300 EU we were paying a night, just big enough to walk around the queen size bed, the toilet is also separate from the basin/shower which was a bit weird. To be fair our friends had a much larger and nicer room, careful room selection here is key. The free bike rental was great. Staff generally seemed to be a mix of total new hires who couldn't even find our room (!) and more experienced staff.

Room tip: Don't pick 416 !
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MatthewOwens
Lucas L, Manager at LOUIS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear MatthewOwens

thank you very much for your review and the time you spend providing us with helpful feedback.

We are sorry that our superiour room did not meet your expectations and will have a closer look to our room descriptions in order to avoid missunderstandings in the future.

Especially in terms of our staff we sadly notice that you were not satisfied and will get back to training with them.

Nevertheless we hope you had a good time in Munich and we would be happy welcoming you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

My stay at the Louis was pleasantly surprising. I suppose I should begin with the location, which is ideally situated in the center of the old town with access to picturesque old city hall and St Peters Church with the famous outdoor market in front. You can walk nearly anywhere from the hotel and the front desk/concierge team is quite helpful. The breakfast buffet is very nice with an optional completely vegan section of the buffet which I found refreshing each morning after all the meat one eats in Munich. I opted for king room with views of the market that was situated on the fourth floor. The room is light and subtly sophisticated. There are warm wood floors, heated marble in the main bathroom and nice toiletries. Mine had a large tub (for one) and included bath salts. There is a window looking into the room from the bathroom which let in a lot of natural light. The mattress I found a bit firm at first but enjoyed great sleeps. I also learned that they offer a selection of pillows and they would change the mattress if asked - I didn’t require that. I’m somewhat picky about the way my bed is made so i requested a modified make up and they happily obliged. Room service was timely but ends at 11pm. The mini bar offers somewhat limited selection but good all the same and you can order anything delivered to the room. The bedding is a nice thread count and there are Frette robes. I would happily return to the Louis.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lucas L, Manager at LOUIS Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Joe L

we gladly read the the surprised worked out and you had a good time at the LOUIS

Thank you for your kind words and the compliments.
We will have a look at the minibar and also the option for a turn down service in the future.

We would be happy welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We stayed at the Hotel Louis during the Oktoberfest, it is located in the centre of Munich, walking distance to railway station, restaurants, cafes and bars. It provides a perfect location for great shopping as well. Very clean boutique hotel, large and quiet rooms with comfortable beds. Staff were very professional and provided great service especially at the wonderful buffet breakfast supplied in the restaurant. great hotel would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mansell1400

thank you very much for your splendid review.

It was our pleasure hosting you during the Oktoberfest and are delighted that you enjoyed your time.

We would be happy welcoming you back again soon.