“Best experience ever”

Paraworth Tandem Paragliding
More attraction details
Owner description: Paraworth Paragliding is a Tandem Paragliding company that flies passengers over Neuschwanstein Castle (Tegelberg) as well as at the Tegernsee, Brauneck, Bayrischzell,The Eagle's Nest, Breitenberg, Buchenberg, are just some of the sites that they fly regularly. All pilots are DHV (the German Paragliding and Hangliding Authority) licensed and insured. Flights last 20-30 minutes depending on weather conditions. Picture and video service is also available. All necessary equipment is provided: Helmet, Flight suit and Gloves. Passenger weight up to 105 kilos. No experience necessary. Reservations are essential. Safety is the first priority!
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I did a tandem paraglide last September (sorry writing this has taken so long!) near Munich and exceeded all my (v. high) expectations. My goal my trip in Europe was to paraglide somewhere (like in the film The Intouchables), and I was lucky enough to find Paraworth when so many of the other outdoors companies had stopped running for the season! Everything was explained so I knew what was going on - like all the little signs of wind I wouldn't have otherwise noticed. It is the most amazing feeling (way better than skydiving) and apart from the initial feeling of 'this is crazy (but exciting)' when running down the hill, I felt in very safe hands the whole time. Only disappointment is I lost my SD card with the pictures.. :( But it was such a good experience I will remember it without the photos anyway!!

1  Thank Fiona C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My Dad and I found this company on tripadvisor and all the other reviews are spot on. Craig and Charlie were very knowledgeable and just seemed like very nice guys. They clearly enjoyed their job and did everything they could do to make sure we had fun too. Before we took off they explained everything to put our nerves to rest and to emphasize how safe we really were. They even have an option where you can pay a small fee and they let you use a gopro camera during the flight and keep the SD card. After we got more comfortable in the flight they even let us control the rig for a bit. Can not recommend this company enough!

2  Thank Cart3r
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I have nothing but the fondest memories of my experience with Paraworth paragliding. I can't imagine the views can be beat anywhere else - the alps, the lakes and then the highlight, Neuschwanstein Castle. The company was fantastic. My guide was amazing (I just wish I remembered his name!) in that he was very professional, kind and calm, making my first experience a breeze. He claimed to have many, many years of experience, and the flight made it clear he was right. I never felt nervous with his maneuvers or comments, and he acted as excited as I was, as if it was the best day of his life despite having done the same trek countless times. We had great weather and he took advantage, keeping us flying in the sky for over half an hour! A great bonus was the guide's use of the GoPro camera - for a decent price (about 30 Euros), the guide will shoot photos and video for you so you don't have to risk your own camera and can simply relish in the views.
I would absolutely encourage everyone to take a tandem tour with them!

6  Thank Intotheworld7
Reviewed 30 August 2012

It's always hard to know which company to choose when you aren't familiar with any of them. My girlfriend and I chose to go with Paraworth and Craig and I'm confident we got the best experience around! We flew at Lenggries on a beautiful day. Craig was awesome and did a great job with explaining everything and putting us at ease. We had an amazing flight and afterward he sat down with us to go over the video. We would fly with him again in a heartbeat. Thanks for the awesome day and inspiring conversation Craig!

Reviewed 20 August 2012

What can I say about Craig and this experience that hasn't been said already?
I cant, anyone reviewing this site will almost certainly have realised that this an experience not to be missed.
I nearly did, by not booking soon enough. By booking late I missed the oppertunity to fly over the castle at neuschwanstein, however Craig could accomodate me at the site at Lenggreis, on the Brauneck mountain. Only an hour by train fron Munich, without the crowds of the day trippers to Neuschwanstein, on a much better train, this proved to be a blessing in disguise, and the scenery is just as spectacular. After all, it's the experience of paragliding that we're all after.
Having met Craig at the bottom of the mountain, we went to the launch site by cable car where Craig ran through the procedure for launch, this was achieved very quickly as fewer people use this site than Neuschwanstein.
The flight was absolutely amazing, incredible, breathtaking, awesome, any every other adjective you can use to descibe something this good.
On landing, Craig learned that it was my 50th birthday, and asked if i'd like another flight, which I jumped at. This flight was just as incredible, if not better.
I cannot recommend Paraworth highly enough, I just hope that this review has help you decide to give it a go, and Lenggreis is a site worth considering over Neuschwanstein.
Thanks for a brilliant day Craig.

4  Thank joseph m