“Book your trip now”

Paraworth Tandem Paragliding
More attraction details
Owner description: Paraworth Paragliding is a Tandem Paragliding company that flies passengers over Neuschwanstein Castle (Tegelberg) as well as at the Tegernsee, Brauneck, Bayrischzell,The Eagle's Nest, Breitenberg, Buchenberg, are just some of the sites that they fly regularly. All pilots are DHV (the German Paragliding and Hangliding Authority) licensed and insured. Flights last 20-30 minutes depending on weather conditions. Picture and video service is also available. All necessary equipment is provided: Helmet, Flight suit and Gloves. Passenger weight up to 105 kilos. No experience necessary. Reservations are essential. Safety is the first priority!
Reviewed 20 August 2012

What can I say about Craig and this experience that hasn't been said already?
I cant, anyone reviewing this site will almost certainly have realised that this an experience not to be missed.
I nearly did, by not booking soon enough. By booking late I missed the oppertunity to fly over the castle at neuschwanstein, however Craig could accomodate me at the site at Lenggreis, on the Brauneck mountain. Only an hour by train fron Munich, without the crowds of the day trippers to Neuschwanstein, on a much better train, this proved to be a blessing in disguise, and the scenery is just as spectacular. After all, it's the experience of paragliding that we're all after.
Having met Craig at the bottom of the mountain, we went to the launch site by cable car where Craig ran through the procedure for launch, this was achieved very quickly as fewer people use this site than Neuschwanstein.
The flight was absolutely amazing, incredible, breathtaking, awesome, any every other adjective you can use to descibe something this good.
On landing, Craig learned that it was my 50th birthday, and asked if i'd like another flight, which I jumped at. This flight was just as incredible, if not better.
I cannot recommend Paraworth highly enough, I just hope that this review has help you decide to give it a go, and Lenggreis is a site worth considering over Neuschwanstein.
Thanks for a brilliant day Craig.

4  Thank joseph m

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I went paragliding with Craig of Paraworth in Germany in late July. Craig took me to Brauneck, an amazing site just an hour from Munich. Brauneck is a recreation resort, we took a cable ride (téléphérique) to the top of the mountain and Craig gave me instructions and told me what I needed to do during the flight. Then we waited for the right moment and flew off the mountain at 1500 meters, and it was so smooth and easy, just like a feather getting caught in the wind. The feeling was amazing (if you've ever dreamed you were flying like a bird, this is the same exact feeling). The flight lasted for 15 minutes, over the Alps, on a sunny day... this was the highlight of my 3 weeks vacation in Europe. The best part is that Craig is equiped to filmed the flight so I have a 15 minute video to relive this over and over. I highly recommend it, Craig was a great teacher and was able to transmit his passion to me. Thank you Craig, you made my day (& vacation).
Chantal R. (Montreal/Laval, Quebec, Canada)

2  Thank ChRochette
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I've been in Germany for many weeks for work and trying to go/see/do when I can escape for a few hours. I decided I wanted to try to find a tandem paragliding flight to match up a desire to enjoy the experience of riding the winds on a paraglider, and to soak up a different perspective on the beautiful scenery of the Bavarian Alps at the same time.

Weather has been troublesome for paragliding while I've been here, so I missed my first opportunity to go with Craig on the 4th of August, but Craig was great about keeping me informed early enough the evening before for me to replan and head for a great day of hiking instead. I left my deposite in place and asked to try for Saturday or Sunday the 11-12 instead. Weather was looking great for Saturday so Friday evening we locked in a plan for a noon Saturday flight from the Brauneckbahn (to give me plenty of time to travel by train down from Ingolstadt). Unfortunately the weather decided not to follow the forcast and I arrived in Braunek to see clouds and fog as far as one could see. Craig was great about keeping me updated and I decided to hike up to the top instead of riding the lift to get some exercise and enjoy the countryside.

Craig hung with me and we waiting for a couple of hours for the weather to clear out. I enjoyed some coffee at the restaurant and we killed the time sharing stories. Craig was very patient, and he has great stories! Our patience paid off and weather cleared enough for us to take our flight. The flight was exhilerating. I had never done any sort of gliding (fixed wing, hang, para, etc), so it was quite a rush for me. Working together to get launched out was interesting, it was fun feeling like you were part of the successful launch instead of just being totally along for the ride. The scenery was beautiful as we mixed in with the dozen or so other gliders who all made the mad rush to use the clear skies. I also got to experience the rush of a tight spiral we used to drop down toward the landing area.

It was a great experience all around, highly recommended.

1  Thank somber
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My Husband and our two adult children went up with Craig and Charles on a gorgeous day. The peacefulness and the views were spectacular. It was something new to us and both Craig and Charles made us feel safe and comfortable! My son is planning his next paragliding trip back in the states! This is a must even if you only have a few days in Munich. We had a wonderful day with Craig and Charles from the train ride to Paragliding they were very friendly, professional and also gave us great info on the rest of our stay in Munich.

2  Thank Candis H
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I am Airline pilot, former Military pilot and novice paragliding pilot. I had my family with me for a trip to southern Germany and wanted them all to experience paragliding. I tried to set up tandems with several companies via email and some never even responded! Craig at Paraworth.com however was quick to respond and help formulate a plan. Due to weather we had to change plans but Craig was there always trying to make it happen. We all were able to go flying and had an amazing experience. Working with Craig and Charlie was more like making new friends then dealing with a business. They were excited to share their passion of flying with us. Additionally, speaking as a professional aviator, their experience, knowledge, instruction and manner were exceptional. We hope to go back and fly with them soon! Please contact them if you are anywhere in the area it will be well worth your while. Great time, great people!

2  Thank Billy W