“Not bad”

Ranked #13 of 334 Restaurants in Erlangen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Visited the place with a few colleagues on a belated Xmas dinner.

Firstly, they had seemingly lost the reservation. So we changed tables 3 times in order to be able to accommodate the size of our group. The menus came and despite half the group not speaking German, we received only German menu's. No big deal, as people helped each other.

Upon ordering the main, we had one waitress, who didn't really appear to pay attention as some things were ordered didn't come or came twice. In my case I missed one side. But oh well... So onto the food.

Starter was muscles, which are removed from the shell. For the most part it was good but a few clear had small parts of the shell attached, which ruined the enjoyment at the end.

The steak itself was good but nothing to write home about. The sides I ordered weren't that great. Broccoli was soggy on one side and drowned in Hollandaise sauce and fried potato slices weren't fried enough. In general it was 5/10.

When it came to determining if we wanted a desert suddenly an English menu appeared. I didn't take desert but my colleagues who did said it was ok.

I took an espresso, which was ok, but lacked the small amount of water I like to have with it. Am I picky? Perhaps, but this is what I'm used to.

Would I go again? Maybe, but I'd first try other similar restaurants in the neighbourhood before venturing back.

Also don't be deceived, the place is pretty big inside and can accommodate a lot of people. The place wraps around the centre bar although this isn't clear when you step inside. The main door to the restaurant is ominous, and isn't labelled at all. It is the plain door on the left when you first walk in.

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

Apetizers took 45min. Steak took more than hour. Sides were served 10 min later and steak already cooled off. Steak was really good! It took 20 min to get the bill.

Reviewed 12 July 2015

The steak was an good even though it was cooked incorrectly (asked for medium rare I would say it was medium well). The service here was very slow, but I guess that's quite common in Germany. The amount of food and quality of the food was good though.

Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

Our steaks were grilled to perfection which can be difficult to find in Germany. Most places over
cook the meat, but not this place. Staff was friendly and we were even given a small bottle of wine for Mother's Day.

Reviewed 7 February 2015

If you fancy a good old-fashioned steak, this restaurant is one of the two places in Erlangen to go (Lennox is the other). Steaks are tender and cooked to order and not overly pricey. A steak is about 18-20 euros which is fair considering the quality of the meat. The décor of the restaurant is typical German. The place doesn't look like much from the outside, but give it a chance. You will not be disappointed.