“a smashing experience..”

Ranked #21 of 132 Restaurants in Coburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2018

located in the heart of the beautfiful town of coburg, i have been welcomed by the chief himself. the restaurant is very cozy, with a lot of nice clocks on the wall, pictures of king ludwig II, and more. there is quite a large selection of food. i have chosen - since i am half bavarian - the sausages with the sauerkraut and bread. a great, great standard dish you will find all over bavaria. but the sauerkraut here by itself was so interesting made, with a kind of potatoe ground and melted ham, simply a piece of art. the best sauerkraut i´ve ever had in my life. and the sausages were just as good. what else is to say? if you go to coburg, make sure you visit this place.. two thumbs up!!!!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We walked in as a family of 3 without reservation and had no problem getting a table. We had a hard time understanding the German only menu but luckily the English speaking chef came out to help and took our order directly. Everything we ate was delicious including schnitzel, sausage, and salads. Great beer selection too! The feel is very authentic, warm, and homely.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I luckily found this place! And when I found it, I felt Iv been truly blessed! yeah thats the way I feel about this Restaurant.. Mr. Norbert is the heart of this place! He keeps you engaged in his husky deep voice, beautiful expressive eyes and loads and loads of jokes to go along with your food and drinks. They serve authentic German cuisine at a very affordable price. And the beers and spirits in this place are superb! I used to visit this restro everyday when I was in Coburg and used to get surprised everyday! Great ambiance, great beers and THE VERY GREAT NORBERT!
Highly recommended!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Looking for great food and a reasonable price? This is the right place! The service is great - well worth a visit.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 1 October 2015

After being awake for the better part of 29 hours, my wife and I chose this restaurant for the opening night dinner of our Central Germany vacation. Boy, were we not disappointed. Lovely vaulted ceilings, whimsical "clutter" give this place a wonderfully warm charm. My wife ordered the pork schnitzel, I ordered the Jagerschnitzel. Both were accompanied by a lovely "salad" of carrots, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and assorted cabbages, plus a perfect sized portion of French fries. The pork in both the dishes was tender and perfectly breaded, but the real winner was the incredible mushroom sauce covering my dish. Wow was it good. We tasted the house Riesling and a local Franconian white wine which were perfect with our entrees. Service was friendly and efficient. Dinner was 29.60€.

Date of visit: October 2015