All reviews honor bar residential area honor system underground parking small hotel breakfast was delicious perfect stay no elevator excellent hotel quiet street third floor loved this hotel family room town centre sitting area our room was spacious beautiful view of the mountains
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Has an amazing stay at the Edelweiss. The hotel is beautiful with the mountains surrounding you. The breakfast was wonderful and I really felt like I was in warm friendly German home. The town was within walking distance and we were able to go out at night and not worry about driving. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Just returned from a wonderful stay at this charming hotel. The staff was friendly, breakfast wonderful, incredible views, and a family friendly environment made our stay perfect. I would highly recommend if you are traveling with family.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2018

If you are looking for an authentic Bavarian experience... this hotel is it! We stayed as a family of 3 for three nights in late June 2018. The hotel was charming the grounds beautiful, the staff friendly and accommodating and the overall feel of the hotel was exactly what I had hoped when we booked months ago. I have been to Garmisch several times as a teenager back in the 1980's when my family and I were stationed in Germany and once again since then so I knew this location would be ideal in terms of mountain views, ease of walk to sights and to just live among the locals. I was not disappointed and my family had a traditional German experience. The breakfast each morning was fantastic and we looked forward to the friendly greetings each morning. The onsite bar/pub area was cozy and a great place to watch some of the World Cup. We chose to park in their underground garage which was 10 euros a night, however there is on street parking for free if available. Our room was on the top floor and consisted of a living area with TV and 2 bedrooms, a full bath, plus extra sink in the adjoining bedroom. Each bedroom had a balcony and view of the Zugspitz. We would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this family run hotel.

Room Tip: Top Floor has balconies facing the mountains and small river that runs behind hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Firstly, Garmisch is a very nice medium sized Baverian town. Plenty of quality restaurants and cafes. It also has a number of supermarkets Easy to get to by train from Munich.
Secondly, Hotel Edelweiss is perfectly located, within 5 to 10 minutes walk of the town centre.
The hotel is traditional Baverian in style. Small and quaint with attentive staff. Our room had a balcony overlooking the Baverian Alps - magnificent! Room was clean & spacious. Breakfast was included, as was an honesty bar for drinks. We stayed for 7 nights, and have booked again for next year!...and it's worth the trip from Australia!!

Room Tip: High floors have best views of the alps.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The view from our room was breathtaking. The room was light and airy and had plenty of room, and at night we could hear the river running behind the hotel.Breakfast was good and the staff was helpful. It was a short walk from town, which was very lovely. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018