All reviews sister hotel train station rooms are small small garden stay there again and free wi fi street parking balcony door stayed here for one night nice balcony hotel is located staff was very friendly and helpful visit garmisch no elevator yogurt town centre top floor
Reviewed 6 July 2018

This older local hotel is a gem. Once inside the place is Spotless. The rooms we had were spacious and comfortable with a great balcony view of the Bavarian Alps. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. There is a tradional German breakfast buffet each morning which was very good . It is a 5 min walk to CityCenter ,restaurants,shops etc. You can take the local train the the Mountians for sight seeing on hiking . It approx. 1hr 30 min by car to Munich . I believe you can take a train from Munich but not sure. In close driving distance to many tourist sites. I highly recommend this quaint hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms 62,63 great balcony views ,sleeps 3
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Although the rooms are small, they were very clean. The Staff were very friendly and breakfast was very good.

The Hotel is very close to the town centre and about 5 minutes from the Railway station.

The view from our balcony was awesome as per the photo.

This is a boutique Hotel and did not see A/C but at the time we stayed it was not needed so didn't look for it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We stayed here for one night and were quite happy with the place. It is an a back street and, just to clear up any confusion, is also called the Biohotel Bavaria, though many of the signs, including the main one by the street, still have the old name. The hotel is quite nice and resembles an alpine guest lodge, which is basically what it is. The man at the reception was very helpful in getting us oriented to the town and in helping us find a restaurant for dinner. Our room had the same alpine style as the rest of the building and had a rather large bathroom. We had some trouble with the free wifi but I eventually fixed it. Breakfast the next morning (included) was good.

As good as the place was, there were a few things I didn't like. They have no elevator so I had to lug my suitcase up a rather old staircase. As mentioned, I had some trouble with the wifi. The shower was tiny, much smaller than necessary and the radiator in the bathroom which looked like a rack and which we hoped to use to dry a few things we washed in the sink, did not work in early May. Finally, there's no parking here; you're on your own to find street parking somewhere. Despite that, I would stay here again. The place was nice and they were eager to help us find things to do in the area, so their service was also good.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We were on a autumn hiking trip in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and stayed 4 nights in hotel Bavaria. It was a very pleasant and positive stay. We had lovely,quiet single rooms and a really tasty and healthy breakfast The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The railway-station is just a few minutes walk away and around the corner you have a bio-foodmarket. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I find this so unfair. I read the rules, I was selecting my type room and this pop up happened. I must have accidentally selected it because the confirmation said there was a cancellation fee. I cancelled immediately, within minutes, and wrote a note for special circumstances as the option was available. Then I called Booking.Com and asked them to help. The hotel owner Rita refused. I would have reserved a refundable room...so I am so disappointed because I will never stay at this hotel, because they are not very understanding.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple