See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I had stayed in Garmisch many times over the last 10 years and this is by far one of the best locations and facilities I have stayed at. The room was very nice with a GREAT view of the mountains. Bathroom was well kept and the size was very sufficient. The owner, Christiane was very polite and seemed to always have a smile on her face. Due to the fact that I drive a larger F150 truck, I had to park on the street but it was still within 20 meters of the front door and I found no problem with that. I did think that the breakfast started kinda late, but Christiane did offer to make special accommodations for me so that I could get coffee and something when I left everyday at 7:00 am. I did eat breakfast on the last morning of my stay and I found it to be beautifully prepared and laid out. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Garmisch. Thanks Christiane for your hospitality and discretion, I will definitely see you again. Henry B.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Hotel-Hilleprandt, Inhaber at Hotel Hilleprandt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Your kind words really make me happy. Thank you so much. I do hope to welcome you again !! Many greetings ....... Christiane

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We had high hopes for this hotel, but were very disappointed. While the location is pretty good, parking is tight and the breakfast just okay. Given that we paid a premium, we didn't feel it was justified. We are accustomed to European standards and aren't fussy people, but the bath towels are scratchy and paper thin. It feels kind of disrespectful to ask guests to pay a premium, and then not provide quality (or even decent!) towels, linens, breakfast and such.

We've traveled throughout Germany so we're aware of the direct approach of some people, but the owner came across as kind of rude and questioning at times. Bottom line: there are a lot of great hotels in Garmisch and I'd stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GlobalTravelerJFK
Hotel-Hilleprandt, Inhaber at Hotel Hilleprandt, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

It is not true that you paid a premium, in fact you did not even choose a comfort room just a standard one. And as you have let me know through booking.com you expected that there will be a higher service in a hotel without children than in a hotel where children are allowed. With this expectation, it does not surprise me that you are disappointed. I am a honest 3 star hotel. Not more but also not less. Kind regards Christiane Hilleprandt

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

It's a decent location close to town. The breakfast is pretty good, though not as good as most German hotels. The quality of the hotel bedding and towels is lacking quite a bit. Just disappointing given the premium cost of the hotel.

The most disappointing part was that I had expected the hotel owner to be really pleasant and helpful, based on the reviews. We spent two weeks all through Germany and France, enjoying meeting new people at each hotel

But this was kind of weird. We felt like the owner was watching us suspiciously. When we asked directions to a restaurant, she replied rather caustically, "Why would you go there?" It was kind of strange.

When we asked for a bottle opener to open a beer we had bought at a local monastery, she replied, "We have our own beers here." It just wasn't very pleasant.

She's kind of caustic and made the stay unpleasant. It was the only strange stay of our entire stay. So I wouldn't come back. And if the owner replies a little caustically, then you'll get my point!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank calmdude
Hotel-Hilleprandt, Inhaber at Hotel Hilleprandt, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Unfortunately I have to contradict you. It is not common for guests to drink their own drinks in the lobby of the hotel. And if you ask me for a restaurant, then of course I ask again. Not to annoy you just to be helpful .There are so many different restaurants in Garmisch, so I would like to advise you well.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

We stayed at the Hotel Hilleprandt in Garmisch for a week during the winter of 2017. We chose the Chalet Apartment and it was perfect. It was spacious yet cozy, it was comfortable yet modern, it was off the beaten path, yet minutes away from the city, it was better than we had hoped for.

The apartment is two story, with the dining room, and a modern, well appointed, kitchen downstairs. This allowed us to make our own breakfast for the duration of our stay. There is also a large comfortable living room, which has large windows out to the balcony that allow for plenty of light and a gorgeous view of the snow covered mountains.

There are two bedrooms, a loft, and a very spacious bathroom upstairs. The bathroom has plenty of shelf space and larger drawers and a huge tub and separate, walk-in shower. Everything worked, including the Wi-Fi and we experienced no problems with any thing during the week we were there. The only thing we can't comment on is the breakfast, which we did not try during our stay.

We found Frau Hilleprandt to be a wonderful host! She was easy to talk to, always helpful with directions and went out of her way to help with any need that we had.

The location is perfect - just a 5 or 10 minuted walk from the city center in one direction, and 5 or 10 minutes from beautiful pastures and hillsides in the other direction (Many long, peaceful walks into the hills were had!) A Lidl market is 2 short blocks away, and the train station is just one block beyond that.

All in all, we just felt comfortably “at home” the minute we walked it, and have already recommended Hotel Hilleprandt to others. Should we ever find ourselves in Garmisch again, we wont even look anywhere else! All this at a price for this lovely apartment was much more than fair.

Room Tip: The Chalet is EXCELLENT for those who desire spacious accomidations.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We had a great room the breakfast was great. Close to everything we loved it.. The lady owner was very nice until we was checking out.. She got really upset saying we had not paid our bill.. I tried to show her on my phone that the money had already been taken out.. 384.00 she said no it wasn’t and started getting really mad.. So we paid again.. we ended up paying double. When we got to Frankfort Germany I called Hotels.com they called her and a few days later we got our money back.. if she would have just listened to me and seen it was paid I would write this review.. so just a little warning watch your money here...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Hilleprandt, Inhaber at Hotel Hilleprandt, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

It is definitly not true that you paid twice. There was just an authorization on your card as it is usually when you make reservation throuth Booking.com. I cancelled this authorization in front of your eyes (!) and also I gave you your receipt of this cancellation. And only after that you gave me your card to pay your bill. And later on as the lady from the customer service of Booking.com called I explained the situation and she was laughing and said "I already thought so". So please do not claim the untruth. I am really disappointed :-(((
regards