All reviews slap dancing music and dancing nightly entertainment live bavarian music bavarian experience lovely street bavarian culture veal restaurant downstairs wonderful meal guest house painted buildings separate rooms flights of stairs bavarian hotel cold cuts reception desk
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Booked this based on TA reviews, and had been to Garmisch years ago and loved the town. Check-in is in the restaurant, the ladies made us feel like we were putting them out as they were busy in the kitchen. They seemed annoyed that we didn't want to book 9.5euro breakfast on the spot, explaining that she had to make the order at the bakery the day before, we asked if we could let them know after we brought our bags in. Access to the rooms was up two flights of dark, dingy stairs, however the room itself was lovely, #16, view of mountains, beautifully updated bathroom. It was a good 1/2 hr walk to Marienplatz on the Garmisch side, would stay over that way next time.

Room Tip: Rm#16-nice balcony view, separate 'ski-chalet' style room for kids
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Boomerang409
Reviewed 22 June 2018

This is my 2nd visit to Garmish-Partenkirchen and 2nd stay @ Gasthof Fraundorfer.
pros: outstanding location on one of the prettiest streets in Partenkirchen. parking available but limited. Every evening the restaurant has Bavarian style family entertainment except Tuesdays. Breakfast is very good but not included in price.
cons: drastic difference in rooms which will affect reviews. both times I have booked (2) separate rooms for my family. Both times one of the rooms has been #17 and this is not a good room. The twin beds are very uncomfortable, hot and you have to walk up 3 flights of stairs to get to. The bathroom had been remodeled since last year which was a plus. the other room last year was also up 3 flights of stair but a much nicer room with larger bathroom and a balcony. This year my family 2 adults, 2 children stayed in a back apt which was very nice. plenty or room, with comfortable beds and nice bathroom. If you are lucky enough to get this apt you will be very happy. Whether you have a good experience or not at this guesthouse depends on the accommodations. Otherwise the location is outstanding, the food good and the service good. I'd probably stay here again if I could be assured of getting a nice room. the cost is the same.

Room Tip: ask for a room in one of the back apts. do not choose room #17 it had uncomfortable beds and located on 3rd floor no stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Went in on the off chance on a Thursday night at 1900....last 2 seats available. Group tables...not our preference...but rewarding experience. Full of life and bon homie...everything you would want from a traditional Bavarian eatery. Sat with some locals who really rated the place and were eager to recommend the best beers and schnapps. Really enjoyed the whole meal...the ambience and the experience....and if you like big German portions and traditional fare...this is the place to go.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john l
Reviewed 21 May 2018

My cousin (who is German) and I (who am American) stayed in the family suite that had a double bed and two single beds in two separate rooms. She had one room and I the other that allowed for different sleep habits. We had a balcony that faced the street but after 10:00 pm, everything was quiet. We paid extra for the breakfast which was an abundant buffet of anything one could want. We also stayed one evening to eat dinner at the on-site restaurant. The food was very good and the music and dancing very entertaining, even for the native German visitor.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky W
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I stayed here for 4 nights from Thursday to Monday. It is a very authentic place, where you probbaly can experience som true Bavarian culture, but it is also a place where they sing, dance and play music every night (also Sunday night), so if you´re in your room at the above floor, don't expect to get any proper sleep before the party is over. Exactly for that reason, I would not stay here another time since I came for hiking and not for partying. Despite this, rooms are good and clean (but very small), and breakfast is really good (however, it is charged 9 euro in addition to the already payed price).

Stayed: May 2018