“Very nice place.”

Hotel & Gasthof Schatten
Duck Key, Florida
“Very nice place.”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed April of 2012, the hotel was pretty empty. We received first class service, the staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. The bar is lively at night. Glad we made the reservation for our trip.

Parking was 5 euro per night and wifi is through t-mobile at 19 euro per day or 30 euro for a month.

• Stayed April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We certainly enjoyed this hotel, and Garmish-Partenkirchen. There are lots of beautiful places to visit within a short drive from Garmisch. We hired a private tour with All Things Garmisch. The price was reasonable, and the guide was a wealth of local information. We were able to see a lot of beautiful castles in one (long) day. I highly recommend this travel guide and this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike C
Boston, MA
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is a new, modern hotel, done in a traditional style, on a side street in Partenkirchen. Large rooms and baths, and nice balconies. Has all you expect in this type of hotel - safe, lots of electrical outlets, towel warmer, comfortable beds, nice space just inside door for winter gear as well as a wardrobe. See pictures for view from our balcony door. Warning: be careful how you open the balcony door - ours came off the track! (It was quickly fixed.)The restaurant and bar is convenient, though we didn't find the food anything special. Breakfast was typical European, but some days you could get cooked eggs. The staff were all polite and helpful. If you don't pay for the garage, outside parking is limited. Be sure to ask for a room away from the elevator and stairwell.

Room Tip: There is music in the restaurant some evenings and the sound comes right up the stairwell which is a...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I booked my stay at the Hotel and Gasthof in order to ski the nearby Garmisch-Classic and Zugspite Ski Areas. The hotel was very comfortable and the staff helpful and fluent in English, the latter being important as my German is virtually non-existent.

Please see the photos of my "North" room, it has the typical continental European Queen bed with two individual mattresses on the bed and two comforters. I found the bed fully comfortable - much better than some sway-backed and sagging mattresses I've endured mostly in North America.

The room had radiators for heating including the type in the bathroom where you can hang towels or clothing to warm/dry. In typical Euro fashion, there is a soap dispenser on the wall of the shower (no bath) that is to be used for shampoo and body wash. I've begun traveling with my own shampoo and a scrubbie for the soap as there wash cloths are not provided. Hand towels and Bath towels yes, wash cloth no.

Each bedside stand had two power outlets as well as a bedside lamp switch. I found this handy to recharge my phone and my MP3 player. This is *not* a business hotel so there was no desk. Also, I believe the hotel has a Hotspot but is wasn't accessible from my room (and my room was on the 2nd floor).

The breakfast buffet, included in my room rate, was also consistent with what I expect from a decent property. There's cold cereal and yogurt, breads, assorted cold cuts and cheeses as well as boiled eggs. In addition there are pitchers of juice, apple and orange, coffee and tea and an assortment of apples, oranges and grapes. It was all of good quality and variety without standing out in any particular way.

I also had my dinner in the restaurant and found the cooking to be quite good although meals in general have a little more salt than I cook with myself. The Kalbsbraten was tender and flavourful and the portions were ample. Plus, after a day skiing, it was nice to not have to go out again.

Oh, a pleasant surprise, on checking in I was given a guest pass that was good for the buses, access to some local attractions and some other things. With the distance from the hotel in the quaint town of Partenkirchen itself, I was glad to have had a rental car to pick up rental skis and get to the hill but having the bus pass would have been very convenient had I arrived from Munich by train.

Last thoughts, the room has an HD TV with some English language programming. I parked my vehicle just out front but it was a bit tricky in the snow. The room had ample space to hang clothes and has a room safe.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Olde_biL
Bottesford
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Great little hotel , rooms were clean and basic .The staff were a ok , enjoyed sitting outside drinking the local brew and watching the cows come home !

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple