See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 December 2016

I have been traveling in Germany for over fourteen years, and this was the worst experience I have had at a hotel. Please be aware that even though this hotel claims to allow pets and charges 15 euro per night for one, the pet is not allowed to stay in your room alone. That policy is not stated or their website. In the past eight years I have been bringing my dog to German hotels, I have never encountered such a policy. The staff does not speak English, which made check-in very difficult. The staff was very unwelcoming and the owner was hostile towards us. The room and the hotel itself was in disrepair and not properly cleaned. The fixtures in the bathroom were broken and stained. The wifi was not working. The breakfast was very sparse both in amounts and variety. I would not recommend this hotel under any circumstances.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2016

I have been traveling in Germany for over ten years, and this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It is not clean, the breakfast was sparse and some foods were expired. The owner was confrontational, unprofessional and dishonest. He charged us 15 euro for one night for our dog. As we were leaving the hotel for an hour to get some lunch, he said we could not leave our dog in the room. I have been bringing my dog with me to German hotels for the past 8 years, and I have never once had that happen. It was ridiculous. We left the hotel, drove down the street and reserved a room in a hotel that had no problem with dogs staying in the room while its owners went out. And, they didn't charge me anything. This hotel is outdtaed, tattered and uncomfortable. The wireless internet did not work at all. . Garmisch is a wonderful city with many fantastic hotels, avaid this one at all costs.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2016

quite room's,very clean and a good breakfast to start your day, house lady was very helpful and knocked on the door in the morning as i had an early flight, phoned me a taxi and i will look to book here next year

Room Tip: All rooms apear to have views of mountains
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2015

We have stayed at Landhaus Hohe Tannen several times over the years. Lovely rooms and wonderful breakfasts. The staff are very welcoming. Many times we have rented out several rooms for family and friends. They even have a cottage to rent for large groups. The house is located in walking distance from many restaurants and the downtown area. In the summer you can sit on the back porch and listen to the cows come home for the day.

Room Tip: They allow pets.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Thank C.e. P
Reviewed 6 August 2015

The most positive things with this pension is the quiet and nice location, with a lovely view of the mountains. The centre of Garmisch is only a 10 minutes stroll away. The exterior of the house included the garden was a bit worn down. The room standard was basic, but served the need we had. The breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view to the mountains
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple