“Okay food, terrible service”
Review of Thang Long

Thang Long
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

The water was 3,50 euro per GLASS. For two adults and two small children we paid 14,00 euros...for WATER. Then there was our waiter who played Fortnite on a big screen with headphones in the middle of the restaurant during our meal. Need I continue?

Reviewed 25 July 2018

We had high hopes because we hadn't eaten any decent Asian food after two years of living in Italy.

Bottom line, the customer service was quite poor. Our waiter was more interested in playing first-person multiplayer shooter games on a large screen TV, (in the middle of the restaurant) than he was in getting our order right. They brought out one wrong dish and almost brought out a dish that we didn't order.

When they brought the check, they charged us E3.50 per glass of water. They did not leave a bottle on the table, they served us a coca-cola glass of water. That came to 14E or $16.42 for 4 glasses of water for two adults, a 7-year-old and 5-year-old.

Considering that I normally purchase a gallon of water for less than 1E, I honestly thought that this was a mistake because this is not a fine dining restaurant.

Before I left, I interrupted our waiter's video game, just to confirm that the price was correct, and to tell him that it felt like a rip-off. He laughed it off. At least he took off his headphones and talkback mic to not distract his team on the game.

The food was average, and I'm giving it a 1 for the customer service. I've waited tables before, and this service was terrible. In hindsight, I missed out on an opportunity to try some of the amazing Bavarian food in the area.

Trust, me you'll find better Pho, but you're in Bavaria, surrounded by some of the best food Europe has to offer. In the spirit of the late Anthony Bourdain, I'd suggest eating locally.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Sunday afternoon lunch found me and a small group of tourist looking for a lunch option. We had driven by Thang Long earlier. Some of the group decided for us we would have Vietnamese as they wanted a Pho.

Menus are in German and English. As the area hosts a US Military facility, they get a fair number of Americans as well as other international tourists. At least one of the wait staff spoke English well enough to serve us.

I had the Nasi Georing, a fried rice, beef, chicken, prawns with loads of bean sprouts dish that was absolutely delicious. Big portions, almost enough for 2 people. The Phos were massive, soupy with loads of meat and veg. While I didn't have one I would consider it next time.

Next time I'm in GaPa I'll be back!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Been staying here in Garmisch for 4 nights and already been to this Vietnamese restaurant twice. It’s been quite busy both times we’ve been. You can sit indoors or outside. There’s plenty to choose from on the menu (plus a selection of sushi) - we’ve eaten the fried rice with chicken, crispy duck with noodles, beef in kung po sauce & rice and the fried chicken & rice dishes. All were very nice and a good portion size. Prices are round about 10-12 euros each main.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

To be honest, we stumbled upon this place while looking for a doner kebap with no luck. The first impression there was a nice crowd for an gray, ugly Monday at lunch. It was for crowded for good reason as the food was very fresh, well spiced, and delicious.
Staff was polite and efficient despite the language barrier. Very good experience!