“Great food very reasonable”
Review of Zur Rose

Zur Rose
Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Oberammergau
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Ate here twice during my stay. I am a sucker for wine lists and they had a decent Italian wine so I could find anything on the menu to eat.. well, much to my surprise the food was excellent!!

I ordered the special which was chicken breast(2) in a brown cream sauce. It was actually au jus(she said shoe sauce( with cream in it) omg.. spectacular!! Came with noodles and a salad which was delicious. The top of the carrot radish cabbage salad was some “pickles” as we would say in the US. But they weren’t’ quite pickles but more like cucumbers in a lovely brine.
Good service and lovely meal. With the bottle of wine was 30 euros? Amazing experience.. very quaint atmosphere as well. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We stopped here on a whim because the menu looked a little different from many of the restaurants in town, and the prices looked reasonable. I had a really good roast pork in a brown sauce with red cabbage and a tasty dumpling. My wife had goulash and really enjoyed it as well. The atmosphere is quaint and very pleasant. Service was good. I'd go back again.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

We tried Zur Rose since we were staying in the hotel, but enjoyed our meal so much, we ate there a second time. They serve good portions of traditional Bavarian at good prices. The restaurant is off the main square enough that it's mostly full of locals, not tourists.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Zur Rose has great German food and beer. I have eaten here a few times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

We love Germany and German food and were stumped where to eat on one of our recent visits. Having had the chance to eat out at other restaurants on the trip, we decided to give this restaurant a try. It didn't look busy from outside and we took a gamble - and were glad we did! Our waitress was very patient and spoke good English even when we spoke to her in German, and the food was scrumptious! I ordered spatzle and my husband ordered Schweinehaxe - really yummy, as was the salad and the Kaiserschmarrn for dessert. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice affordable meal on one of the quieter streets in Oberammergau.