Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM

from US$ 62.73
from US$ 65.95
from US$ 436.63
2,842 results
All reviews the bus amazing views car park historical significance brass elevator parking lot ticket office tea house bucket list documentation center elevator ride restaurant nest hitler salzburg alps germany
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

It is a popular tourist attraction, we knew some history behind the "Eagle's Nest", so we want to see whether there is any trace left. But a little disappointed. Do pray for a sunny day visit. If it is raining don t bother as there will be no view of the mountains .

You could drive your own car there, but hard to find a parking spot. Then take the bus, which requires long waiting. The house also can be reached on foot (about two hours or so) from Obersalzberg.

Nowadays the Kehlsteinhaus is a cafe and beer garden. It said that the cafeteria stockroom was Hitler's old study. You might see its past from the damaged fireplace, the graffiti left by US troops like the band of brothers.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We took this option tour on our Trafalgar Tour of Imperial Europe and we're very happy that we did. We were blessed with perfect weather so we enjoyed awesome views of Salzburg and the Bavarian Alps.

Getting to the top of the mountain is a very well orchestrated method. The tour bus negotiates the elevation changes through narrow winding roads. The history of this place is quite interesting and one will appreciate the engineering involved in getting it done.

Another elevator will hoist maybe up to 30 passengers at once to get to the top of the mountain. From there, more climbing by foot is necessary to enjoy the very best views of the Bavarian Alps and the towns below.

It's a must see for visitors who are able to deal with the climbing on foot and the elevation.

1  Thank Joey A
Reviewed 26 July 2017

For me was a must do because usually I travel in the area during winter for skiing and the Eagle's nest is closed and all these years I developed my own idea about this objective ... so I had big expectations and I was a little bit disappointing.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We did'nt know what to expect from a visit to the eagles nest. It turned out to be interesting but not oncomfortabel because of the history. It's just a touristspot nowdays. A parkingspot was hard to find (drive 800meters past the entrance for more spots). We had to wait for 45minutes before the bus took us up. You have to book a ride down at a specific time as well. Keep the waiting line down in mind when it's busy so you won't miss the bus.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Booked a tour, not thru trip advisor however, so we could gain a more in depth historical perspective into Obersalzburg and the Eagle's Nest...worth the investment. We were very fortunate to have good weather on the day of our visit. It is impossible to take a bad picture from such an amazing vantage point. The ride up on the bus was not my favorite (because I am queasy on such journeys) but I was glad I went. Without a tour guide, I think it would not have been such a memorable experience. The restaurant serves good food, fast. Our time at the Eagle's Nest was limited since we were on a tour - could have definitely spent more time taking in the amazing scenery.