“even not much snow - but very nice”

National Park center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Germany's only Alpine National Park Lofty, wild and majestic, "King" Watzmann (2713m) reigns over the Berchtesgadener Land as he surveys his kingdom: Berchtesgaden National Park. High mountains, deep valleys and crystal-clear alpine streams define this protected area bordering Austria. "Allow nature to remain in its natural state" is the motto of Germany’s only Alpine National Park. Berchtesgaden National Park is located in the southeast of Germany, in Bavaria and adjoining the Austrian Salzburg region. Founded in 1978, the park includes an area of 210 square kilometres and is owned by the federal state of Bavaria. In addition, the park is the core and buffer zone of the biosphere reserve Berchtesgadener Land.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 16 March 2017

I stayed with a friend for a weekend in the area. the weather was fantastic so we could walk around (take up to the top of the mountain) and enjoy the great nature and area.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

A place of great historical importance, unfortunately, the wrong ideology.
the place from which you can see on a clear day more than 100 kilometers in distance, beautiful landscape, and above all magnificent architectural feat for the time 60 years ago. roads carved in stone, a tunnel of 120 meters horizontally carved in the rock, and also 120 meters vertically, and with it a lift which is undamaged and in perfect condition.

3  Thank pulataxi
Reviewed 30 December 2016

With me and my father being world war two history buffs, and my father serving in Germany during the 70's guarding Rudolf Hess, we love sightseeing world war 2 relics. We went on a trip for my 21st to Munich for Oktoberfest and decided to trek 3 hours there and 3 back to see the infamous, Eagles Nest atop a peak. What awe was in store for us, we went on a tour I shamefully cannot remember, but I remember the HQ being near the train station across a roundabout.

I would love to go back and see the most beautiful place I have ever been to again. Berchesgarden is like a postcard, and me and my father spotted Salzburg in Austria from the peak! We went in October 2014 so this is rather belated. This is a once in a lifetime trip.

3  Thank Rhys W
Reviewed 26 December 2016

This is a great place for photos. The views are breathtaking. There is some walking, but not too intense. This was a great place to spend the day. You can ride the Jennerbahn or go for a boat ride on the Konigsee. There are also very good shops that give you a feel of the local culture.

3  Thank WendyFromIllinois
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Jennerbahn has so much to offer. We came back twice in three days! And it has become the highlight of our trip in Berchtesgaden.

Cable car with ever changing views overcame my fear of heights. The slow ride up to the top could be intimidating for someone afraid of heights like me. But the changing view at different height provided a timely distraction. And the slow pace made it perfect to snap plenty of photos.

Panoramic, magnificent views at the top. The Watzmann along with the surrounding alps was just breathtaking. Plenty to walk around at the top station with a short walk up to the peak Jenner. Route #12: Gipfelweg that offers a view down to the Königssee. Do heed the road condition. There's some frost when we walked up and it's slippery at some area of the route. It's the end of October.

Hiking galore! Many hiking routes for different fitness levels. And plenty of routes starting from the middle station. We rode the cable car to the top station and took route#3 Mitterkaserweg. It's indeed a beautiful descent from the top station, rather steep at times. But one is rewarded with great views along the route, including the starting point for the parasailing. Have a cup of hot Hugo at the Mitterkaseralm and take in the other side of the Alpine views. The route is straightforward and there are signs for directions too.

I can't wait for my next visit to Jennerbahn! More hiking route to explore!

7  Thank Venus F