All reviews swimming pool train station other hotels bayreuth festival old town bathroom window minute walk from the hotel room key wellness centre reception service room number rooms are comfortable hotel is located gendarmerie shutters festspielhaus computers
Reviewed 10 August 2018

As we were arriving and leaving by train and the purpose of our stay was to enjoy two Wagner operas at the Festspielen it was ideal for us to stay at this hotel. We had a very good room, the only thing missing was air conditioning in the summer heat. I also found it strange that we could not use both of our computers on the Internet at the same time. The hotel arranges a bus transfer to the Festspielhaus one hour before the performance. The walk downhill back takes about 20 minutes.
When we asked at the reception if there was a bus from Bayreuth to Bamberg the answer was no. Still we found a Flexibus some 200 m from the hotel - this must be a new service which the reception did not even find on the Internet.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel near to the railway station will be remembered for it's very friendly personal. Room was oke, everything needed was there. A nice decorated breakfast room, it's classic style and more then sufficient food.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in 2013, 2015 and this year for the Wagner festival. In 2013 the hotel had a lovely swimming pool - wonderful during Bayreuth's warm and humid summer! We booked again in 2015 to find the swimming pool had gone and a "wellness centre" in its place which was quite a disappointment. This year an even bigger disappointment! The hotel no longer does evening meals. It used to be lovely to walk back from the opera and enjoy the buzz of the post performance.
meal! Furthermore the hotel now offers a bus to (but not back from)the festspielhaus - at a cost for a couple which is all but a few cents the same as a taxi from the station right outside the hotel! Other hotels much further away offer free transport to and from the opera!
The hotel is very close to the Festspielhaus and the rooms are comfortable. However this hotel is more expensive than others offering more.

If we get tickets for the Festspiele again this will no longer be our first choice hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LDS5355
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Literarily, right outside of the train station, to the left as you leave from the main exit, the hotel could not have been easier for me to find. A very quick & friendly check in when I had to sign my booking form, was given my room key & told how to find my room by either stairs or lift, nothing more.
My room was quite old fashioned in style, something that I have come to expect of family run hotels in Germany. Nevertheless, it was perfectly fine for my needs. With 2 doors to open to access the room, It was big with a carpet floor, comfortable single bed, tv, minibar, armchair, full length mirror, folding luggage rack, small wardrobe, work desk, chair, smoke alarm, plenty of spare electrical sockets. Immediately on entering the room I found it to be uncomfortably hot & there was no air con to come to my rescue. I went down to reception to request a fan & it arrived at my room within a couple of minutes & it proved to be a Godsend for me in bringing the room temperature down to a level that I could feel comfortable with. Easy to control steel shutters on the window were also a help. Natural light was ok considering that I had the shutters about three quarters closed & I had no issues with noise from inside or outside of the hotel. Complimentary wi-fi was accessed by entering my name & room number & was very fast, consistent & reliable.
Minibar prices – water 3.00 Euros, Coca Cola 3.00 Euros, fruit juice 3.00 Euros & 33cls pilsner beer 3.00 Euros.
The bathroom was big & clean, had tiled floor & walls, hairdryer, spare electrical wall socket, large mirror, shower enclosure with shower head & hose on a rail with good pressure & plenty of hot water, retractable shaving/make up mirror, plenty of towels, hair/body shampoo, body lotion, vanity set, comb & shoe shine sponge. There was no extraction vent so the bathroom window had to be opened to let steam out but that same mirror also meant that the bathroom was bathed in natural light. I had an issue with the shower as the sliding handset holding bracket literally did just that, it never stopped sliding down the rail as it was broken & so, showering meant either bending down to below waist height or showering with the handset in hand. I reported this to one of the housekeeping staff & she immediately rang down to reception about it. Within 5 minutes a member of the reception staff came up to the room to view the problem bracket.
I enjoyed some nice beers in the evening seated outside the hotel’s Gendarmerie bar/bistro where 500mls of refreshing, cold weissebier cost 3.40 Euros.
I didn’t bother having breakfast at the hotel as it was, in my opinion, quite expensive.
There is a shoe shine/buffing machine located in the basement. On the reception desk were, complimentary for guests, fresh apples, sweets & boxes of matches. There is a nice semi enclosed area in the foyer with a tv & a number of armchairs which added a touch of old time character to that area.
Checking out was quick & friendly & I put my bags in to the left luggage room, close to the reception desk, for 45 minutes or so before making the 20 second walk to the train station.
The hotel is located not much more than a 5 minute walk from Bayreuth’s charming old town. If, like me, you like beer, then a visit to Herzog Bier Kellar & garden is worth the 20 or so minute walk from the hotel. It’s popular with the locals, very laid back with a big selection of beers available & at 3.00 Euros for a 500mls of Weissebier, not very expensive. Very close by to Herzog Kellar, I also popped in to the Liebesbier, the bar/restaurant at the Maisel brewery. A very popular & trendy place with a vast array of beers available. I stuck to my favourite, tried & trusted, Maisel's weissebier costing 3.60 for 500mls.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

If there are awards for sincere and competent customer-service then the Hotel Bayerisch, opposite the station in Bayreuth in Bavaria deserves one. Hats off to all staff and management. You were more the good, you were excellent!

The location is perfect for train travellers and the style - classic with a hint of abstract expressionist was perfectly attuned to its sophisticated and urbane clientele.

Breakfast was buffet-style and copious with pleasant service in abundance. Two days seemed too short for me and I'll definitely return.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends