“Merit Hotel is a very good choice in Stuttgart”
Review of Hotel Merit

Hotel Merit
Ranked #114 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Moscow
“Merit Hotel is a very good choice in Stuttgart”
Reviewed 9 March 2010

I stayed at Merit Hotel in the first decade of March 2010 for 1 night - I needed a hotel for a night 'cause I arrived late in the evening and my plane was next day in the morning. Merit is a very good 3 star hotel. It's very centrally located, close to everything, 200 m to Stadtmitte S-Bahn station, just few steps from the end of Koenigs Allee (the main shopping ang walking street in the center of Stuttgart) and 10 min walk from Hauptbahnhof (Central Station). I stayed at room # 305 facing on courtyard because I'm crazy about noise and asked to give me a quiet room. The room was really big with 2 single beds and 1 sofa (I stayed alone). There was a fridge and TV set. The bathroom was big too. The room was clean and convenient, also it was far from elevator in the end of the corridor. I heard sounds from the neighbor room just a couple of times so nothing bothered me during my short stay. Also the hotel offers good breakfast with varieties of hams, cheese, bread, juice, etc. It was really good. You can believe me or not - I spent only 27 Eu/night for the stay with breakfast (all taxes included!!!). It was Super - the hotel was really good especially for this money!! I will definitely stay there again when I come back to Stuttgart!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank sergeika30
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I spent 3 nights on Hotel Merit in a quite and clean double room.
The bathroom was big and clean, the location was central and the breakfast was very good. The breackfast room is managed by a very nice italian lady, who takes care of every guest's breackfast.
The only bad thing of the hotel is its hall, very small and a little bit ugly, but I don't think it could be something to really care about when you are in vacation.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank kongoji
Rome
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I had chosen this hotel for three reasons: central location, low price and wifi internet in the rooms as it was written on the hotel page of booking.com. Unfortunately the wifi internet was not available in the hotel, I tryied to connect from my room and from the hotel hall, but there was no possibility, so I had to go out every time I wanted to use internet.
My room was silent as I requested, but very small and dark. The furniture is very aged and needs to be changed I think.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Kuching
Reviewed 16 November 2008

Stayed there for 5 nights.
Hotel room was spacious and clean,
Staff service was excellent; we had some work to catch up in the early hours of the morning, they were very accommodating in providing us with space in the breakfast room, and on occasion gave us coffee in the those early hours, (wifi speed was great).
we had to depart early, and they provided us packed breakfast.
thanks Christina, Inga, Breuer, and the tues, weds and thurs morning shift guy

• Liked — staff service
  • Disliked — No wifi in the room
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CeladonDot
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 3 August 2007

I spent one night at the Hotel Merit in July 2007. While the room and the breakfast were definitely excellent value, the attitude of the hotel reception staff was most unsatisfactory. I found them to be off-hand and unhelpful. This was not a problem of language as I speak fluent German. My major issue with the hotel though was the outrageous charge for phone calls. I made one local call from the hotel room to book a taxi to the airport for the following morning. The length of the call was at the very most, 2 minutes. I also made a call to the local German directory assistance number listed in the telephone book. The charges were listed in the telephone book as .20cents for a connection and .99 cents per minute thereafter. My call again was very short, at the most 2-3 minutes. While I realize that hotels all make a charge for calls from the room, I find it hard to accept that my charge for, at the absolute maximum, 5 minutes of local calls was 30 Euros. When I asked for a print out of the calls made, the hotel was unable to produce it. I was so angry at the attitude and the outrageous exploitation of tourists that I related my experience to a German friend living near Stuttgart. She has also contacted the hotel and received the same arrogant and offhand attitude and the same answer that the hotel was unable to provide a print out of calls made. We have taken up this case with the Stuttgart tourist bureau, who incidentally, told us that the 3 stars the Hotel Merit displays are quite bogus as the hotel does not belong to the association which gives the official star ratings.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank Paddy48

Travellers are raving about these Stuttgart hotels