See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This was a clean & well run hotel. We stayed a week with the family in 2 rooms as a base location for daily travel and sightseeing. European size rooms but the decor and set up made it feel comfortable. Hosts were friendly and helpful. They provided spot-on recommendations for sights, travel modes, & restaurants. Safe surroundings to walk day and night. Parking is limited in ALL of Stuttgart so pay for the garage parking to guarantee a spot. Wide & fresh selection of breakfast foods helped get our days started.
Though not a problem for us - just be prepared - elevator stops and front foyer closes overnight. Required to enter through back and side entrance which has steps.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank MakingTime2Play
Birgit W, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Akzent Hotel Moehringer Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear 4business2014, thanks a lot for your detailed feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel in Stuttgart. Yes, Stuttgart is close to a lot of attractions and kinds of Sightseeing so you made the right choice. All the best to you, kind regards from the Wegener family.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Maybe my expectations are low, or I am more tolerant than others here, but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. At first I thought the welcome was rough. But in understanding my German mother, Germans are just very direct in conversation. When people say they felt unwelcome, I felt right at home. No one was pressuring me to converse unless I wanted to. Not once did someone pressure me to engage in conversation, they did their work and let me go about my business. Again, expect direct communications with your hosts when you do engage in conversation. That will help out in town as well.

My room was kept clean, the room was larger than many European hotels, and nicer. The free wifi login after 30 minutes is a bit tiring, but having lived in Italy for 5 years and traveling throughout Europe, it was nothing to be upset about and plenty for my use of social media and internet browsing. The lack of wifi in town meant more often than not, I had to return to the hotel and use the wifi to find places I was looking for to input into my GPS. I never paid for internet, just re logged in every 30 minutes.

The breakfast had a variety, bigger and better than most European hotels with a similar selection.

Parking was available but somewhat limited. If you were early you were good, if you were late you might have to walk a few hundred meters. This was an issue throughout town.
While I can understand the lobby issue, it was not an issue for me. I used the back door 70% of the time and it became a habit. I never even noticed the lobby area being closed.
The main road here is somewhat busy with traffic, day and night. Also a town issue.

Thank you all for a wonderful stay during the week.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Donal, thanks a looooot for that feedback! We were very pleased to be your hosts and it was always nice talking to you! When you feel like home that`s the best comment for us. We hope your family is doing well? Tell them our regards and all the best to you! The Wegener family.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

We did not enjoy our stay at all. The room was clean, breakfast ok, but the owners were not friendly at all. We had mentioned we would arrive late, but received an angree call around 8pm. In addition there was a big argument about the room. We booked for a group of 2 adults and 3 small kids. Apparently the quadripple room cannot be used for that, although it was clearly stated on the booking confirmation. In stead of friendly asking to pay extra for breakfast the receptionist decided to go for the rude approach. Only during payment when we mentioned we were really fed up with his comments he stopped it. If you don t want customer from a booking site than just don t participate but don t insult your customers about it.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank TVCbxl
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

The room is OK, clean and has a nice size.
Breakfast is poor, you have a few rolls, some ham and cheese and nothing more.
You have to pay to access wifi what makes no sense in times like these. There is no 24 reception, so if you arrive late you got to enter through a back door and go up by stairs because de elevator is turned off.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Fábio M
Direkti0n, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Akzent Hotel Moehringer Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear Fabio M, thank you for your stay at our hotel. We feel sorry for your discontent. WIFI is included for a certain time maybe you did not understand our system but it is also described in English. In our mind we offer a well assorted breakfast buffet with fresh food in good quality. We informed you at arrival about our opening hours and your night entrance - thank you for understanding. Have a good time, the Wegener family.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

The room and the bathroom were clean.
If you go for business this hotel is totally OK.
It is also OK if you have a car, or somebody drives you, since it is located in suburban area and the walk in the neighborhood is pretty dull.
If the weather is cold, you have to turn the heating on in your room every day, since somebody turns it off (probably the cleaning lady during the day).
They charged for internet connection.

Room tip: Turn the heating down a little before you go to bed, otherwise its too hot in the morning.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PixieMCM
Direkti0n, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Akzent Hotel Moehringer Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Dear PixieMCM, thanks a lot for your comment. We were pleased to have you here in our hotel! We feel sorry when it was too cold in your room in June but we air our rooms in the morning because of our guests (then the heating will be turned off of course). Will you inform us next time? All the best to you, kind regards from Stuttgart, Birgit Wegener.