US$ 133
US$ 139
US$ 127
Priceline
  • Pool
Ibis Budget Stuttgart City Nord(Stuttgart)(Great Value!)
US$ 74
All reviewsrooms are smalltrain stationthe main shopping streetsmall deskhotel entrancecentral locationsuperb locationcity tripbreakfast areabed was comfortablehotel staffby footfew minutes walkexcellent breakfasthauptbahnhofshowerescalator
Reviewed 12 January 2018

It was our first trip to Stuttgart (mainly for shopping) and we chose Hotel Motel One due to the location. It was our first stay in this franchise (but not our last). There were other, cheaper 4* hotels available but we wanted to be as close to the city center as possible and we were not disappointed. Check-In was swift with a friendly staff. Hotel is newly built (or renovated). Yes, rooms are on the smaller side but you won’t need more for a city trip. Highlight was the rain shower with an amazing organic shampoo, loved it. It would be nice to have tea/coffee facility in the room but I get it, you don’t get it with a 3*. There is however a rather nice lobby with a great bar (which I believe to be open 24hrs) leading to a patio area as well. Many guests stayed there for a drink. Breakfast is EUR 9.50 and is organic as well. It is continental only - meaning only hard boiled eggs and no further cooked food, but we don’t need more. Staff again was super friendly. Parking is no problem, we parked in the Tiefgarage Bülow Carre which is opposite the hotel (EUR 16 per day). We would def stay there again due to the nice staff, clean and modern room and the amazing location for a shopping trip!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Like many modern chain hotels, also this one offers small, but functional rooms with a fresh design at an attractive price. The location, 10m from an entrance to the central station and 100m from the main shopping street, is unbeatable. For downtown Stuttgart, the prices are quite low. Our room was small, but not cramped, with a large window, a good bed and a functioning shower. There is no fridge in the room, but we were able to store the meat we bought for Christmas eve in a common fridge at the reception. The staff is friendly and helpful. If you stay during a weekday, I recommend not to take breakfast at the hotel, but at the delicious Manufactum Brot & Butter shop next door. On the whole, this is a good hotel and I will certainly return when staying in Stuttgart.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2018

This is a modern, affordable hotel, very close (5 mins walk) from the main train station. For a couple, I reckon the rooms are large enough, but for myself and my two daughters, it was a bit of a squeeze.

Frustratingly, the hotel charges 9.50 Euros per person for breakfast, and that applies to children aged 7 and above. Seriously ?! My kids can't eat 10 Euros worth of breakfast... Actually, I paid less than that in Stuttgart to feed them dinner with drinks. I chose to go to the nearby Bäckwerk for breakfast, and we were all fed for less than 10 Euros.

The hotel room is very clean and modern, but very scarce. Not even a bottle opener or a desk/chair to sit at.

But, for the price, this is a good hotel, and I would stay there again. Without breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank UncleMikeAgain
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very good, it is simple, very close to the main station. The employees are friendly, good breakfast. The only point to improve: the room does not have fridge. I really recommend this hotel to anyone and if I return to Stuttgart, I will be there again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Stayed for two nights. Price was very reasonable.
Location: excellent, very close to the main railway station; the entrance to the metro is right in front of the hotel entrance. My room was facing the inner courtyard and was very quiet.
Room: Minimalistic decor and amenities. Comfortable bed and pillows. No luggage rack. Small desk with a stool designed more for looks than for comfort. No safe.
Bathroom: Stylish, excellent shower. Two major flaws: lack of ventilation in the bathroom and the half shower door, which inevitably gets the floor wet and slippery.
Complimentary Wifi.
Breakfast: On Sunday morning it was a nightmarish experience: the breakfast area was overcrowded, many breakfast items were missing and had not been replenished, there was no place to sit, the staff was hopelessly walking back and forth, squeezing in between tables. On Monday morning it was less crowded and more manageable. Selection is limited and could be improved (I didn't see skim milk, espresso coffee, fruit other than fruit salad); some items are labeled only in German. The whole breakfast area should be redesigned: during busy times there should be multiple stations providing the same items to facilitate access; also, the staff needs to have easy access to the stations instead of having to squeeze in between breakfast tables.
Finally, check in was slow and I was eventually given the key, but when I got to he room I found another guest already there! These are mistakes that should never happen.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo