Hotel Azenberg
ARCOTEL Camino(Stuttgart)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsa quiet residential areaa hot summer nightfamily apartmentswimming poolcity centrepleasant hotelchristmas marketliving roomhotel is situatedbreakfast was excellenttrain stationspataxiinternetloungegermanreceptionist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The look and feel of the hotel was perfect. I could not fault the provision, service or ambiance. A randomly selected hotel that proved to be an excellent choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Had advised the hotel that I would be arriving late, in the event it was very late (after midnight) as the flight had been delayed. The room was available. It was small but apparently adequate. Only in the very early morning did I discover that it was above the breakfast room and breakfast started at 6 am. Although not extreme there was still enough noise to wake me up. It was therefore a near sleepless night.

This lack of sleep didn’t make me hungry and as breakfast was expensive I didn't try it (despite having heard so much of it) - nor did it make me want to try the spa, it too was expensive and the tiny pool was not nearly as large as it appeared in the photograph.

A bus into town saw me leave wishing that I’d stayed in the centre in the first place.

Not awful but avoidable…Stuttgart is not somewhere to linger and what time is spent there could be better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank LeBristolUK
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Booked a 2-night stay in a non-smoking room at this hotel. When we arrived at our room, it smelled of smoke, so we asked for another room. I was sent up to the new room on the same floor, which had been vacant for a couple of days, with the idea that it would not smell, but it did. So after the woman at the reception made a point about how she was sticking her neck out giving me the only non-smoking room available (a family unit), and what an upgrade it was, we finally got what we'd booked. We were also given a printout with details on internet access; however, do be sure to read that entire page since they charge by the minute, something that the receptionist didn't bother to point out! When I questioned the charge at the front desk, all she could say was that she didn't know what kind of hotels I stayed in, but the places they stayed in all charged (we stayed in a mix of budget and luxury, and most offered free internet, or at least made it very clear if there was a charge). Street parking was free and easy enough, so don't bother paying for theirs. End result: nice facility in decent proximity to the Schlossplatz and Koenigstrasse, but don't stay here if you're looking for good service.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

This was our 3rd time in Stuttgart and earlier we stayed at Intercity Hotel at the railway station (perfect location if you want to hop on to Chistmas markets in the Mitte). As other reviewers have mentioned, the Azenberg hotel is situated in the residential area. It was a bit difficult to find even with GPS, as there were many road construction works going on in the city centre area. The room was very clean, uniquely furnished with comfortable bed and had nice backyard view to the fountain and garden. Staff was very helpful and friendly. We liked the breakfast too.

Unfortunately the Italian restaurant that some reviews mentioned, didn't exist anymore. However, we got new tips to go and eat: Turkish one (Divan restaurant) and German one (Alte Wache) approx. 10-15 walking distance. We can truly recommend both of those!! We felt especially welcomed at the Divan: got complimentary glasses of Turkish Raki and enjoyed excellent food there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KristiinaS
Reviewed 6 December 2009

The hotel is in a residential neighborhood - approximately 15 minute walk to downtown area. We followed advice and took a taxi there from the train station, which cost about 7 euros - well worth it. The rooms are nice and bathrooms are modern. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple