All reviews great location shopping precinct a stones throw small lobby christmas market train station enjoyed my stay air con beer festival good size few minutes walk reception staff public transport stadtmitte wifi city lidl
Reviewed 23 December 2014

I booked this hotel as a last minute thing. This hotel was the cheapest I could find at such short notice in the city centre. We stayed only one night across two days for the Christmas Market. Our flight was quite early and we got to the hotel 2 hours before check in. Our room wasn't ready but we were offered luggage storage so we could check out the city and get bearings.
The hotel is located very centrally, about a 10 minute walk from the main train station (Stuttgart HBF). Once checked in, we got into our room. Our room was facing the street. You got a bit of noise but nothing major to annoy you. The room was very spacious with a good sized for you average sized person. The bathroom was really big, with a good shower and his and her sinks; my other half was most impressed. My only critic was that the TV was sat on the table to the right of the bed which made it awkward to watch when relaxing before sleeping.
Overall for the price I paid i was most impressed with quality of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. A+

1  Thank NWNM92
Reviewed 23 December 2014

This hotel enjoys a good location near the top of the Koenigsstrasse, with good access to shops and restaurants in the area. While it is a bit far to walk directly from the train station (Hauptbahnhof), it is more easily accessed from the Rotebuehlplatz U-Bahn/S-Bahn subway station. The price is the real winner here, at around 50 Euros a night for the city center. While that excludes breakfast and parking, it is still a bargain for a hotel this close to the center of town. I stayed here during the Christmas Market, and only had about a 5-10 minute walk to the main plaza. My rooms was surprisingly spacious and even included a sofa/sitting area. Sure, the decor (tile/carpet) was a little dated, but it was all very clean and fully functional. The hotel is divided into two buildings one facing the street and one more toward an inner court. I highly recommend getting a room in the back building as it is much quieter. Rooms include free wifi. Overall, a comfortable hotel at a bargain price.

Pros: price, location

Cons: dated decor, street noise (some rooms)

Tip: if you take the S-Bahn to Rotebuehlplatz station from the Hauptbahnhof, you can buy a "Kurzstrecke" ticket, which is only Euro 1,10. If you take the U-Bahn between these same station, then you need to pay the full fare price of 2,20.

Room Tip: Recommend getting a room in the back building
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank EisBaer
Reviewed 15 December 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the hotel last weekend. Very good location in the city center and an easy walk from the underground station. We had a superior double room which was warm, bright and spacious. It overlooked a courtyard which was fine as it meant little or no street noise. Comfortable sitting area within the room. Would have enjoyed having tea/coffee facility's but that didn't spoil our stay. Would definetely recommend the hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for one which doesn't overlook the street.
Reviewed 13 December 2014

I accidentally selected the wrong month when making my online reservation. Realized it a second later, called them and tried to change. They refused! I don't need to go there to realize they are absolute crap.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2014

We stayed 3 nights during the Christmas market season. Very convenient for underground stations, for shopping and the markets. An easy walk to the Opera House.

Room generous sized for city centre location. All clean and free wifi. street noise as expected, but okay wth earplugs.

The hotel was full during our stay so finding a seat at peak breakfast time was difficult, but there are plenty of local cafes to get a breakfast nearby.

Staff were always helpful and usually friendly.

Good for the price.

Room Tip: Avoid the front rooms if noise bothers you.
1  Thank Alderess