All reviews international flight nice breakfast ground level boutique hotel train station public areas frankfurt airport business trip main station comfort amenities gym
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The was one the best hotels that I stayed in during my business trip. Syte was close to the train, had amazing rooms, a nice onsite restaurant and bar area.

I liked how large the bathoom was and because I was on the top floor, my windows had powered external shades to close.

I did find it funny to check in, you have to check in what appears to be the bar area but besides that, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The place looks a bit dark from the outside when you arrive late in the evening, and you need to approach very close before you can confirm for yourself that you have the right building. Location is very close to Mannheim Hauptbahnhof, which is very convenient for the train traveler.
Inside it also very dark. The reception desk is in a dark corner of the restaurant (which is quite dark overall). But the rooms are very nice and offer all the comfort you need. Breakfast is also very good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2017

The room I had (I think medium) was fine, big enough, bright enough, but the big kitchenette and oven sort of made me feel it was an aparthotel concept. Breakfast was decent. Now for areas to improve:

When I asked for an iron and ironing board, I was told that this was not possible (I am guessing for safety reasons??) and sent to a windowless chamber in the cellar to go about my business (this actually never happened to me before, and I know how an iron works).

The gym was extremely basic (and if you wanted to turn on the TV you were supposed to find "a host" somewhere in the hotel with the remote control (would be nicer to leave it by the TV in the small room, it would surprise me if someone would steal it).

The minibar honesty concept on each floor is ok, but no beer? Would have preferred a minibar to an oven (there was a fridge in the room as well).

The espresso machine is a nice gesture but one single pod per room is a bit tight.

Overall, the place has potential, the location is great, the design is very nice, but it feels like it is run by people who have their hospitality experience from running a restaurant or a club rather than a hotel. I guess it will improve with experience and feedback.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Really good location for train travellers, right by the station. We were upgraded to a suite, which was a lovely surprise. Elegant, quirky décor. The public areas were stunning. Good Molton Brown toiletries, excellent facilities in the room. A 10 minute stroll to the city centre. Some staff friendlier than others.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

My daughter and I were traveling in Germany and stayed here. It was perfect.
Lovely rooms.
We had lunch in the restaurant and was served by a delightful young man,Daniel, that was extremely helpful and so adorable. We will think back fondly of this experience. In fact all of the staff was delightful.
One word of caution...all the cab drivers in Mannheim do not speak English. Best to check and double check when making location requests.....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family