“Great pizza”

Ranked #35 of 711 Restaurants in Karlsruhe
Neighbourhood: Innenstadt-Ost
Neighbourhood: Innenstadt-Ost
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Restaurant with a cozy atmosphere and good service. Many options in the menu, and I highly recommend their pizza.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Owned by Italians, here you can find one of the best pizza in Karlsruhe and a lot of typical Italian dishes. Prices are ok.

Reviewed 15 March 2016

I LOVE the pizzas at Camietto! They use a certain grain to do the dough and I like it. The rooms are cosy around the pizza oven. Good for a family-trip too, as it is in nearly every italian restaurant.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

As an Italian I wish my fellows were offering the latest in Italian cuisine trends and not a traditional evergreen menu that was in vogue decades ago; a compromise between local expectations and the real deal is not necessarily the best way to sell the Italian image in the world.
With that said, the food was fresh, the prawns were really good, and all the guests at our table were pleased with what they ordered.

Reviewed 14 October 2014

I've been living in Karlsruhe already a while, but had tried Il Caminetto only once before. As I went there with my mother, we were greeted with the friendly personal and got seated.

The appetizers range from 2,5€ for a simple green salad to 8€ for more expensive ones. I took an omelette with ham to start with (4,5€) and my mother went with a mozzarella bruschetta. The bruschetta was average (4 large pieces) from its taste and the omelette was little overdone but still delicious (and large).

For the main dish, we chose pizzas (range 6-9€). I took the alla Martino pizza, with minced meat, salami, garlic and champignons and my mother took one with rucola. The size of the pizza was more than enough for one person - we would not have needed an appetizer :) The taste of the pizza was great and the ingredients were fresh. But the best thing about the place was the service; top professional and just like it should! Every time, we could get our wishes through, and the personnel were paying attention to the guests all the time so that we did not have to wait. Unfortunately we were already too full to try any dessert :)

A minor minus for someone smoking in the next table. But overall a great place with friendly service to enjoy Italian food.