“Authentic Thai Food”

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

We found this restaurant accidentally and we were surprised, it is one the best thai restaurant we've ever tried in Germany. The foods are expensive but very authentic. We had fried fish in sweet sour sauce and thai chicken curry. They taste amazing! The fish was very crispy, perfect with the sauce (you can choose also another sauces like garlic soy sauce, spicy sauce etc). And... The dessert!!! Try dessert number 803, grated coconut wrapped in crispy wonton wrappers, served with vanilla sauce and ice cream, yum! Would like to be back there to try another menus.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2015

I ordered a fantastic dish, the today special, that was a glilled duck (Ent in German) leg.
It was very good with a separate red curry sauce. I expected the sauce to be more hot and spicy (scharf), anyway I enjoyed its taste so much. It can be eated from everybody since it's not very hot.
The ambient is great, high class. I'll be back.

1  Thank Angelo-Mascaro
Reviewed 24 August 2015

There are Thai Food restaurants a lot in Karlsruhe, they all are normally better than the Chinese restaurants - and more authentic. You may be satisfied.
But there is one special - the only one! - The Rim Wang. It is the absolute best. And really offers good food. (Although more expensive than the others.)
From my experience I recommend to order something from the Specialties... Just like a dream!

1  Thank Ralf M
Reviewed 24 November 2014

Short summary: a nightmare!
The owner was rude, the waitress was rude. We waited half an hour to have the menu, and we got it only because we screamed for it! After one hour and half we got the appetizers (5 fried wonton... not nouvelle cousine), after 2 hours (yes, 2 hours), no food yet, so we asked the waitress and she said "2 minutes"... after 2 hours and 20 minutes we left; the waitress was still rude to us when we said that we wanted to leave, and we had to pay the beer and coke drunk.
I cannot judge the food, but In all the restaurants I've been (and I've been in many), I've never have to wait 2 hours, and no food is worth 2 hours wait, either way! My personal suggestion... stay away from this place!

Reviewed 10 November 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a friend of mine from Karlsruhe, who was very proud to report that a Thai restaurant in his city won so many important prizes, including the prestigious Thai-Select certification, issued by the Royal Thai Government.

The food is always a culinary experience, with a balanced harmony of herbs and spices, always served with a delicious rice. I normally order one of their set menus, which allows you to have a bit of everything for a very fair price. I also like their seafood dishes, especially the ones with shrimps.

The restaurant is very authentically decorated, and it really feels like a piece of Thailand in Germany. The restaurant personnel, including the cooks and the waitresses, are almost exclusively from Thailand, and give a special flair to the place as well.

This is one of two restaurants which I always go to when I am in the Karlsruhe area.

1  Thank RafaSilva